2017-2018 Stony Brook Application Thread

17 hours ago, ahhz1 said:

Does anyone know how many seats they have now that they have the Southampton Campus?

There are 44 seats for the main campus and 20 seats for the Southampton campus 

On 11/11/2017 at 8:40 PM, sdar027756 said:

Hey guys! Congrats to those who were accepted and good luck to all those who are still waiting to hear back! 

For those that were already accepted, aside from formally accepting your seat on SOLAR, did you get any notification regarding a deposit or any additional paper work? Just want to make sure i’m not missing anything.

Thanks!

I haven't received anything since accepting my seat either, and I was a little worried at first because I wanted confirmation that it went through but I figured if it didn't I wouldn't still have access to all of that stuff on SOLAR! 

On 11/13/2017 at 8:58 AM, ecoluccio said:

There are 44 seats for the main campus and 20 seats for the Southampton campus 

I haven't received anything since accepting my seat either, and I was a little worried at first because I wanted confirmation that it went through but I figured if it didn't I wouldn't still have access to all of that stuff on SOLAR! 

Thanks ecoluccio! I was invited to interview for this Thursday, but the email didn't say anything about the Southampton campus so I was curious. 

33 minutes ago, ahhz1 said:

Thanks ecoluccio! I was invited to interview for this Thursday, but the email didn't say anything about the Southampton campus so I was curious. 

No problem! They offered a tour of the Southampton Campus at my interview. If they haven’t mentioned that for you guys, my guess is that either they don’t have anyone to do the tour or they have already filled all of the seats for that campus - they asked our campus preference at the very beginning of the interview. So you’ll find out one way or another! Good luck!! 

On 11/16/2017 at 10:16 AM, annashlynn said:

Accidentally posted this in the 2016-2017 thread. I'm very curious to know what the Southampton campus is like! Anyone have any input? :)

It is really nice.  Brand new library bright and airy.  I prefer it to the main campus.  Other programs there include DPT, OT and Marine Biology.  There are no parking issues and a huge amount of open space. Future plans include building a hospital on the campus. I will be attending this campus next summer. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, iwtbapa25 said:

Has anyone who interviewed but hasn't been accepted or rejected received any updates?

I received an email during the week stating that I was still being highly considered and requesting to let them know if I was no longer interested in the program. Also said they’re coming up to their last interview date and we should hear back in the coming weeks.  

2 hours ago, iwtbapa25 said:

Has anyone who interviewed but hasn't been accepted or rejected received any updates?

1 hour ago, rricci said:

I received an email during the week stating that I was still being highly considered and requesting to let them know if I was no longer interested in the program. Also said they’re coming up to their last interview date and we should hear back in the coming weeks.  

I also received the same email. I interviewed on 10/19

On 11/19/2017 at 10:40 AM, rricci said:

Any idea when the last interview date is?  I hope you receive positive news going forward.

• 3 weeks later...