2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/26/2017 at 9:55 AM, NArmi17 said:

Hello everyone! Congrats to all who got interviews!!! I received a Spokane interview invite for November 4th as well. The invite email came in on October 2nd.  I would love to join you all at the Elk the night before along with another interview invite, so there will be two of us :)

The more the merrier. See you there! 

2 hours ago, akmclaughlin said:

Hey all, I'm new to the forum. I applied later in the cycle to the Anchorage location for the masters program. It seems I missed the November 18th interview. Keeping my fingers crossed that they do another round.

If you submitted your stuff within the CASPA/MEDEX deadline they should do one in January for all sites in Seattle. If you have any questions, let me know. My wife is Anchorage Class 8 and can give a lot of good info and I will hopefully be Anchorage class 14

9 minutes ago, Anastasia said:

Has anyone gotten interviews or any news what so ever from Tacoma campus? ( I may be blind and missed someone saying something, so forgive me). 

Not that I’ve heard. My wife’s waiting to hear and I am monitoring the message boards while she monitors her emails. From what I know the 2nd interview is in December. 

3 hours ago, pa supportive husband said:

If you submitted your stuff within the CASPA/MEDEX deadline they should do one in January for all sites in Seattle. If you have any questions, let me know. My wife is Anchorage Class 8 and can give a lot of good info and I will hopefully be Anchorage class 14

Thanks for the update. This is my first time applying to PA school, not quite sure what to expect. All I know is that I have mentally prepared myself to not get in the first time. Was just starting to get nervous that I hadn't heard anything after I got the email on September 15th, stating my application was being moved to full faculty review.

Hi all,

I too applied to the Anchorage campus and didn't get an invite for the interview on November 18. This is my third time applying and I received Anchorage interviews the last two years but unfortunately did not get in. Now just patiently and anxiously waiting to see what happens. Hoping that I get an interview in Seattle as I know the previous years they did hold a final interview in January. Its hard to tell with the application closing a month earlier if things will stay as they have in previous years or if they will move it all up. It seems they moved the Anchorage interview sooner than in the past. 

Thanks for the update. This is my first time applying to PA school, not quite sure what to expect. All I know is that I have mentally prepared myself to not get in the first time. Was just starting to get nervous that I hadn't heard anything after I got the email on September 15th, stating my application was being moved to full faculty review.
Hang in there, most are first time applicants. My wife got in on the second interview. I am doing the same though and I'm not applying until 2021 lol, hang in there though

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, melaniet said:

Hi all,

I too applied to the Anchorage campus and didn't get an invite for the interview on November 18. This is my third time applying and I received Anchorage interviews the last two years but unfortunately did not get in. Now just patiently and anxiously waiting to see what happens. Hoping that I get an interview in Seattle as I know the previous years they did hold a final interview in January. Its hard to tell with the application closing a month earlier if things will stay as they have in previous years or if they will move it all up. It seems they moved the Anchorage interview sooner than in the past. 

Maybe that could mean they are trying to squeeze in a second interview for Anchorage. I can only hope that's the case. If nothing else fingers crossed we both hear something soon. Good luck.

8 minutes ago, akmclaughlin said:

Maybe that could mean they are trying to squeeze in a second interview for Anchorage. I can only hope that's the case. If nothing else fingers crossed we both hear something soon. Good luck.

It is possible, in the years my wife applied her interview was in December so things may have changed with the Masters program. Keep in mind though they do an interview in Seattle in January for all the sites. You can always reach out and contact MEDEX and see what they say. 

4 minutes ago, pa supportive husband said:

It is possible, in the years my wife applied her interview was in December so things may have changed with the Masters program. Keep in mind though they do an interview in Seattle in January for all the sites. You can always reach out and contact MEDEX and see what they say. 

Yea I don't mind having to travel, of course if I don't have to pay for a flight to Washington I would prefer not to. Regardless I would just be thankful to get the chance to make it to the interview phase.

Yea I don't mind having to travel, of course if I don't have to pay for a flight to Washington I would prefer not to. Regardless I would just be thankful to get the chance to make it to the interview phase.
Understand, it gets expensive flying and going two times is enough in addition to the tuition. Seeing my wife's tuition statement always makes me cringe a bit but I know it's worth it and my loans will be twice as much.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So, for those of us that haven't heard anything back yet, I feel like it's safe to assume it's a silent rejection? I know that they usually interview 2x (for Spokane, where I picked as #1) but I feel like it's not a stretch to assume if I haven't heard anything its a soft no...? 

9 minutes ago, boli said:

So, for those of us that haven't heard anything back yet, I feel like it's safe to assume it's a silent rejection? I know that they usually interview 2x (for Spokane, where I picked as #1) but I feel like it's not a stretch to assume if I haven't heard anything its a soft no...? 

Yea, I think it's safe to assume that. I was told that everyone will know something by December, if you haven't heard anything yet about an interview. 

Just now, boli said:

My friend had started CASPA but never submitted and received an email yesterday that all applicants had been reviewed and invited to interview. Spokane was also my first choice and I never received anything either. I do also know that they only had one interview and typically do two. My hope has dwindled, now I'm just waiting on the rejection and I will start preparing for the  next cycle

On 11/9/2017 at 7:42 PM, Neptunium said:

Hello guys, I am new here and I am excited to say that I received an invitation to interview in Tacoma on December 9th. Did anyone else receive this email?

Congratulations! When did you hear from them? Was it by phone or e-mail?? I am going crazy over here with no news!

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the PA Forum, but thought I would ask if anyone from the Spokane interview on November 4th has heard back yet? I gathered from others that interviewees usually receive a call several days after, and thought it would be a good idea to start asking around. Thanks and good luck! 

After 3 years of applying I was blessed with a phone call offering me a seat in the Spokane class 22! I am looking forward to working with everyone in this new journey! Don’t give up hope to those still waiting, they did say to expect phone calls after Monday... I was surprised to hear so soon. Stay positive everyone and know persistence pays off!!Please IM me if you received this life changing opportunity. I would like to exchange numbers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived