2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, ladychels said:
Does anyone know if invites go out throughout multiple days for each round of interviews, or are they all sent on a single day?

I'm not sure about MEDEX, but I know for another program I applied to I saw a bunch of people starting to get invites at the same time one day. I eventually got my interview invite a few days later. So I'm sure there's still hope. A lot of times these admissions committees split up applications to review them. So person A on the committee might complete their reviews before person B, resulting in notifications being sent out at seperate times for the same round of interviews. It's not a linear process unfortunately... just might depend on who gets your app and when they actually get to it. Even if it was submitted before someone that already got notified. At least this is how it's done at many medical schools, and I only know that because my girlfriend sits on medical school admissions at a local medical school where I live. Hopefully we're still in the mix!

1 hour ago, fireman2241 said:

I'm not sure about MEDEX, but I know for another program I applied to I saw a bunch of people starting to get invites at the same time one day. I eventually got my interview invite a few days later. So I'm sure there's still hope. A lot of times these admissions committees split up applications to review them. So person A on the committee might complete their reviews before person B, resulting in notifications being sent out at seperate times for the same round of interviews. It's not a linear process unfortunately... just might depend on who gets your app and when they actually get to it. Even if it was submitted before someone that already got notified. At least this is how it's done at many medical schools, and I only know that because my girlfriend sits on medical school admissions at a local medical school where I live. Hopefully we're still in the mix!

Thanks! That's really reassuring. I've also sent an e-mail to Medex about their process of interview invitations, so I can post an update if I hear from them. 

On 8/28/2017 at 10:47 PM, fortheonlyjulia said:

Hi I just received the interview invitation of 9/26 seattle today!

Very excited! First time applicant, International Medical Graduate, submited and verified about late June/ early July.

I am from Seattle and would like to meet before the interview if anyone is interested!

I'll be there on the 26th as well and would love to meet up before to calm the nerves a bit! I'll be coming from Montana but I'm pretty familiar with Seattle and the U district. Maybe we can get a group to meet for coffee or dinner the evening before? 

1 hour ago, eeg223 said:

I'll be there on the 26th as well and would love to meet up before to calm the nerves a bit! I'll be coming from Montana but I'm pretty familiar with Seattle and the U district. Maybe we can get a group to meet for coffee or dinner the evening before? 

Good idea! Let me start a new thread and anybody interested pls respond!

I'll be there in the 26th as well! I'm looking forward to meeting some you the night before; Im staying at the hotel.

2nd time applicant to Seattle, submitted 7/8/17, MEDEX verified 7/28. Received email on 8/28.

To those still waiting, stay positive! And also, don't get discouraged and descend into a funk. Use this time to plan out how you're going to improve your application. I'm supposed to start additional classes the day after the interview :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like they send out invitations in one day for an interview. From MEDEX director - "Hello Chelsea: No. all applicants invited to interview in September have been invited. Many more dates are still to come." My question was if they send out invitations throughout multiple days for an interview, or do they send it out on a single day. I wondered how the invitations were sent out because people who've turned their application in the same time as me were invited to the interview on 9/26, but I wasn't.                

I submitted my application on 6/18 and received the email on 6/21 that my application met the minimum requirements and is continuing through the screening process. I haven't heard anything yet though, should I be worried? 

It sounds like the interview session for 9/26 is already full, but someone posted that more dates are on the way, so don't give up.

And last year, I wasted 3 months while I was waiting for my eventual denial...so don't wait idly by. Use this time to strategize on how to tweak your app for next year.

Good luck!

So some of you have been invited, congratulations! Others not, hold on to some hope! Maybe this will ease some nerves:

the 9/26 interview is for SEATTLE applicants. If you chose Seattle as your first choice, this is what 9/26 is. If you chose Seattle and weren't invited, there are 1-2 more sessions for Seattle alone.

Those who applied for Spokane, Anchorage, and Tacoma have not been invited yet. Spokane will likely get invites in the next 2 weeks. (Based off when I received my invite last year.) 

I'm not sure when Anchorage and Tacoma interviewed last year, but I could find out.

Good luck to you all! My best advice when you interview is to be YOU!

8 hours ago, RadTech said:

So some of you have been invited, congratulations! Others not, hold on to some hope! Maybe this will ease some nerves:

the 9/26 interview is for SEATTLE applicants. If you chose Seattle as your first choice, this is what 9/26 is. If you chose Seattle and weren't invited, there are 1-2 more sessions for Seattle alone.

Those who applied for Spokane, Anchorage, and Tacoma have not been invited yet. Spokane will likely get invites in the next 2 weeks. (Based off when I received my invite last year.) 

I'm not sure when Anchorage and Tacoma interviewed last year, but I could find out.

Good luck to you all! My best advice when you interview is to be YOU!

Anchorage always interviews the first weekend in December, well the last few years. Invites go out the first week or so of November. 

Hi, I have an interview on 9/26! Can anyone provide any advice for preparing for the interview? Will there be standard interview questions? I heard to be authentic, real, the interview is fun and they want to get to know the applicant. Thank You.

Everything I spent so much time preparing for was never asked in either times I interviewed, which was better as it allowed me to truly be me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There is seriously so much GREAT information on this site as well as positive attitudes, which I love ( and need!). I have my fingers crossed for Anchorage so I guess I'll just have to keep working on improving my resume and counting down until November :) Does anyone have any idea on how many students each location takes? I know I've read it somewhere but have admittedly forgotten! Haha

12 hours ago, vbuckmeier said:

There is seriously so much GREAT information on this site as well as positive attitudes, which I love ( and need!). I have my fingers crossed for Anchorage so I guess I'll just have to keep working on improving my resume and counting down until November :) Does anyone have any idea on how many students each location takes? I know I've read it somewhere but have admittedly forgotten! Haha

For my class (graduated 2017), Seattle had 45 students. Spokane was 25-30, Anchorage was about 15, and Tacoma had 25.

21 hours ago, vbuckmeier said:

Are you in Alaska? If you have any questions about Anchorage, please let me know. My wife is in the Class 8 for Anchorage and with any luck I'll be in class 14 (2024 or 2025 graduation) lol

Archived