2017 Application

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received my acceptance letter with scholarship on December 21st. Yay!!! I would have shared that information sooner but we were busy relocating to Washington with the Army. Lol! 

This is the most exciting news! I am over the moon! UC Davis is fantastic and I am sure our cohort will be outstanding. I can’t wait to meet everyone and congratulations to you all!

Hello Class of 2020!!

I've learned to keep my distance from these forums and from social media in general, but I'm just FAR TOO EXCITED to not joint and say HI!!! to my future classmates!!

I also received my acceptance with scholarship on December 21, and to be quite honest, I'm still in disbelief this is happening. UC Davis became my ultimate top choice after the visit day, and words are not enough to convey how excited I am to join the 2020 cohort!! I've been waiting so long to meet you guys!! 

Happy holidays and I can't wait to meet everyone in June!!!

Now, who has figured out their living situation?? Haha. Any advise from current students? How about budget advise? There's so much to do and take care of these upcoming months! But I'm so, so, so very happy to finally be one of the fortunate ones to go through this process! What an honor and privilege!! 

Kathlyn 

On 12/28/2017 at 10:31 PM, KL2020 said:

Hello Class of 2020!!

I've learned to keep my distance from these forums and from social media in general, but I'm just FAR TOO EXCITED to not joint and say HI!!! to my future classmates!!

I also received my acceptance with scholarship on December 21, and to be quite honest, I'm still in disbelief this is happening. UC Davis became my ultimate top choice after the visit day, and words are not enough to convey how excited I am to join the 2020 cohort!! I've been waiting so long to meet you guys!! 

Happy holidays and I can't wait to meet everyone in June!!!

Now, who has figured out their living situation?? Haha. Any advise from current students? How about budget advise? There's so much to do and take care of these upcoming months! But I'm so, so, so very happy to finally be one of the fortunate ones to go through this process! What an honor and privilege!! 

Kathlyn 

Same, I'm glad to be a part of the cohort. I was thinking about commuting, but I don't know much about the area or how reasonable commuting is. Ideally, I'd want to be able to walk to school. From what I gathered from the meet and greet the students I met lived in midtown, but also stated it was really expensive and having a significant other helped a lot with paying the bills. I wouldn't mind rooming with people in the program, but at the same time I want to keep my living expenses as low as possible. Hopefully I'll find somewhere safe/affordable/ and close. 

• 2 weeks later...

Terrified did not disrespect the nursing profession, but merely pointed out that PAs have historically trained under the auspices of medical schools, under a medical model. But I think you’re probably just trying to justify your own decision to go to this school. However the dismal PANCE pass rates, disorganized admissions office . and what is going on with that curriculum? All those nursing leadership classes? I think we are skeptical for good reasons here

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Class 4 days per week. Medicine in the morning, usually followed by clinical skills (twice per week) or pharm (twice per week). Usually start at 8, out by 3 or 5. All narrow in on the specific system we are learning (cardio, renal, GI, etc), so there is lots of overlap and it all fits together very nicely. 

One leadership/health informatics type peppered in each quarter but they don't require much work at all and are pretty interesting. The one last quarter had a "limited participation option" (only had to show up for quizzes) if all you wanted was a B and the current one only involves class once every 3 weeks with some online discussion posts. Not bad at all. 

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived