University of the Pacific (Sacramento) '16-'17 cycle

Sorry could you clarify what that means? Were you placed back in the pool for a decision later in May?

I was in the interview on Tuesday too. I haven't heard anything yet. I would like to be still in the race.

There are 3 options for what you are gonna hear right after the interview. 1. you are still in the pool for consideration (the decision is hold until all the interview are done which is May or June) 2. Early acceptance (limited spots) 3. Rejection

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just offered an interview for May 4th as well!!! Yay! Does anyone know if the class is filling up? I'm just worried that the May 4th interview is so late that its going to be for wait list spots :/

Good Luck guys!

I applied late (2/28) and received an email that I passed initial review on 3/1 and then a couple hours later another email stating I was invited for an interview on 5/2. I also thought this was late, hoping the spots are not all filled!

Does anyone know if they have a seat deposit? I'm interviewing soon and don't remember seeing anything on the website regarding how much a seat deposit was...

Yeah the seat deposit is $1000 which will be applied toward your first semesters tuition.

Hey everyone, I just declined my interview scheduled next week, March 15th. This is an excellent program, but I have accepted a seat in another program already.

Hope this gives someone an earlier interview! Good luck.

I might have gotten my seat thanks to you, got invited for the March 15th interview last week Thursday.  I was put on the holding list for an interview after applying just before the deadline.  I'll be driving from the Bay Area early in the morning, looking forward to meeting some of you there.

Had my interview today (3/17/17) and a few hours later got the dreaded "while we enjoyed meeting you today, we did not select you..." Oh! *sad face*

I wish the BEST OF LUCK to all 11 people in our group today and I really hope you guys will get in!  Stay positive and keep killin' it out there! You guys are the best.

Had my interview today (3/17/17) and a few hours later got the dreaded "while we enjoyed meeting you today, we did not select you..." Oh! *sad face*

I wish the BEST OF LUCK to all 11 people in our group today and I really hope you guys will get in! Stay positive and keep killin' it out there! You guys are the best.

whoa how did you hear so fast, I thought the groups would hear back next week?

whoa how did you hear so fast, I thought the groups would hear back next week?

Were you in the group today? Check your email. I think most people from today's interview received email decision from the faculty several minutes ago. If you didn't receive yours, just wait 'till next week. Best of luck.

Had my interview today (3/17/17) and a few hours later got the dreaded "while we enjoyed meeting you today, we did not select you..." Oh! *sad face* Back in the waitlist pool until June when they make the final decision...

I wish the BEST OF LUCK to all 11 people in our group today and I really hope you guys will get in! Stay positive and keep killin' it out there! You guys are the best.

I got the same email, but I took it to mean I'm not in consideration at all for their program. Is there still a chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There still seems to be confusion over the early acceptance. Unless you applied before the early acceptance deadline you aren't up for that consideration, which at this point is everyone. Don't feel bad if you get the "you're back in the pool" email.

Hey all, I received early acceptance to another program because of my interview score, not because of my application. So this isn't necissarily true for all programs. If you are confused as to whether or not you received denial or waitlist, just email and ask. They will specify if you are back in the waiting pool or not.

My question would be: Do they hand out any rejections after the interview or is everyone placed back into the application pool?

The way I understand the process, here is how it works:

If you submitted your CASPA application by January 1st, you are eligible to be offered one of the seats allocated for early acceptance. So if you just interviewed in March, check your CASPA submission date because if you are eligible for early acceptance your notification will come as early as 2 weeks after the interview.  If you submitted after January 1st, you are considered to be in the "general applicant pool"

Generally speaking, within 2-weeks after your interview you'll get 1 of 3 answers:

a) Acceptance call / email / letter in the mail

b) Email saying, "While the committee did not select you for early acceptance to the program, your application is competitive and will be retained in the pool of qualified interviewed applicants."  This means your application is WAITLISTED.

c) Email saying, "Unfortunately, the admissions committee regrets to inform you that at this time we are unable to offer you admission to the Physician Assistant Program." This means your application is REJECTED.

There are 45 spots for 200 applicants. 120 out of those 200 students have been interviewed already so we are waiting for the AdCom to finish interviewing those last 80 people. That should be completed sometime in May (school's target time is April). At that time, the final notifications will be sent out to everybody on the waitlist.  Until then, the waiting game begins...

Best of luck to everybody!

Archived