University of the Pacific (Sacramento) '16-'17 cycle

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/22/2017 at 4:01 PM, PAhopeful3191 said:

I agree, it has been really quiet. Has anyone gotten a call about the waitlist or contacted the school?

I contacted the school to see if the current class is already full and here is their response:

As of right now all the seats have been taken and we don’t have any withdraws. I’m sorry, this class was a very tough selection. The wait-list / alternate list is in-case someone who has accepted a seat suddenly withdraws and we need to fill that seat, then we pull from our alternate list. The candidates that have accepted a seat have up to the time of the start of class (January 1) to withdraw and so we are unable to say who is not accepted from the wait list up until that time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just an update for you all as I know I was very anxious in waiting to hear about my potential acceptance into PA school. I received a call from the program regarding alternate acceptance. I unfortunately had to decline my alternate acceptance, an extremely difficult decision, but I had already accepted a seat to another program. This program was definitely one of the best program interviews I had the opportunity to be a part of (out of the many I've had) and have no doubt they'll graduate incredible PAs. Unfortunately, one can only be accepted and matriculate into one school :(

I hope good news comes someone else's way soon! 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey guys! I’m a little confused and was hoping someone could give me some insight. I applied for the class to begin in Jan 2018. I got an interview and accepted it but due to some family problems, I had to withdraw the interview. I applied again this cycle for the incoming class of 2019 and I got a rejection email from them already today. In the email, it said that “applicants are evaluated in relationship to the entire applicant pool”. This confuses me because the deadline isn’t until March so how would they have already made a decision without looking at all of the applications. I AM REALLY HOPING that this was an email for LAST CYCLE and they’re giving everyone fibal decisions before the start of the program next year in January. Does anyone know how UoP application cycle works? I know I can call the admissions office but my anxiety is really kicking in late at night lol 

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I want to apply and wanted to know more about the program. Why did you apply to the program and what do you like about it? It seems like a strong program with a faculty team that have very prestigious backgrounds. Their aren't any PANCE scores to look at either since it is a new program. Any information will be appreciated! 

Interviewed and accepted for 16-17 cycle. Put down my deposit but ended up at a different program. I would confidently say to apply to this program. Their resources of professors are top notch and provide you with individuals like Jed Grant, who is an esteemed individual who can provide you with information and opportunities that match or exceed other top level institutions. Its an early program, and like any early program you need to put faith and time into it. Their first years seemed well prepared when I interviewed and visited again a couple months later. 

Archived