Subutex/Suboxone prescribing

From my email this morning

not to debate rather or not to do this - or the AAPA

just an FYI on the survey 

AAPAemail.jpg

As HHS develops the regulations to implement this important legislation, AAPA wants to identify PAs who are interested in applying for a waiver and to determine your questions and needs.

Please note that this is your last day to take the survey. We will share the results with you and keep you apprised of how you can apply for a waiver to prescribe buprenorphine.

Click Here to Start the Survey
 (or copy paste the following  http://s-73b6ab-i.sgizmo.com/s3/i-0RLO8mslmYLtWZLZB-1492819/?sguid=0RLO8mslmYLtWZLZB)

Thank you!

mariemicheleleger2.jpg
Marie-Michèle Léger, MPH, PA-C
AAPA
Director, Clinical Education
571-319-4376

I would rather be prescribing Vivitrol. Zero chance of abuse/diversion and better outcome for the patient. Plus it will put patients on the path to recovery. Although this is a step in the right direction. One step away from methadone and a baby step toward addressing the opiate problem we are dealing with.

Thanks for sharing!

I am too busy in my Family Practice to take on any other special certifications or high maintenance patients. Most of my patients are actually complicated IM type patients just our door says Family Practice.

We have no RNs or LPNs and cannot keep up with all the needs and requirements of chronic pain patients much less suboxone.

As much as I don't like pain clinics and the Seattle Pain Clinic is a painful lesson to us all - drugs like suboxone need a dedicated provider, in my opinion, to really harness all the ramifications. And a staff sufficient enough to deal with paperwork, side effects, documentation and the like.

I won't ever ask for this certification. 

Archived