MASSACHUSETTS-MGH Institute of Health Professions

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone with applications being reviewed heard yet? I interviewed for the very first class and was waitlisted.  The interviews were done in an early group, I thought sometime in July, and another at the end of Aug (i think).  I submitted mid-May, and got notification it was being reviewed June 22nd.  I'd think we would hear soon.  Interviews are super stressful.  They do part of the process as group interviews, a tour,  and 3-4 one on one interviews are done at the end.  That part was a little repetitive.  

Jo

I emailed admissions to see if I could get an idea of when their first round of interviews is. I know for a fact that their was a interview session before the one I attended.  I interviewed in Dec at the end of 2014 and was invited mid-Novemeber.  I'd think we should hear by the end of the month, if they are doing a similar structure. 

I was just verified by CASPA 7/14, did my supplemental 6/20.

I have no emails from them. But they also said they sent me an email verifying my GRE waiver, but I didn't get that either. :/

I checked my trash and everything...nothing from the PA Program, but I have a whole bunch of emails about the online courses. -_-

My status says on their website that my application is ready for processing. Still not under review and I submitted everything by July 5. How long did it take you all for it to transition over to being reviewed from when you submitted both your CASPA and supplemental app?

I submitted mine June 20th and it is still "ready to process"...

I submitted mine June 20th and it is still "ready to process"...

My CASPA was verified 6/6/16 and supplemental was submitted on 6/1/16. I received an email saying my application was complete and ready to be processed on 6/16/16... So I guess we are all still waiting to hear back

I called admissions.  They aren't doing the same format as the last two years.  They are doing one set of interviews over two days (probably pick or assigned one of the days) to assess all the people interviewing.  The interviews will probably be the first weekend in November, and they will try and send invitations out a month before.  So we wont be hearing until most likely October.   So its a waiting game. 

I just got an email today

"Thank you for your interest in the Physician Assistant Studies program at the MGH Institute of Health Professions.

Your application has been processed and is now ready to be reviewed for the Summer 2017 admissions cycle.

This means that all required documentation has been received, and your file has been forwarded to the PA department for admission consideration.

At this point, you are welcome to use your  MGH IHP account to reference your current application status. This is the account you created when you submitted your supplemental application. Additionally, please keep in mind that once an admission decision has been made, you will receive an email directing you to log into this account to view your decision letter.

Thank you again for your interest in the MGH Institute of Health Professions! Please feel free to contact the Admissions Team if you have any further questions throughout the application process.

Thank you,

The Admissions Team "

AHHH I'M SOOOOO EXCITED! Anyone else get emailed? Any updates? 

I called and spoke to an admissions person and she said give them 4-6 weeks after the deadline to review apps, and then the interview invites will go out in Sept. for interviews in the month of October... kinda contradicting Jmelitz . :/

Either way I'm way to excited. It's my first time applying, good luck @Mnreyes! I'll be praying for you all. :)

October is a month before November... 

They are correct.  They will send the invites out a month before they plan to conduct them.  That is what admission told me at least. 

Newbie - did you interview the first time you applied? 

Good luck everyone!

Archived