MASSACHUSETTS-MGH Institute of Health Professions

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Might be too late but just got to this post. I'm applying elsewhere but live literally across the street from IHP. If any of y'all still need last minute accomodation on my couch or even a spot to drop your luggage, I'd be happy to help :)  (PS, I have a dog for anyone with allergies/dislikes dogs)

Might be too late but just got to this post. I'm applying elsewhere but live literally across the street from IHP. If any of y'all still need last minute accomodation on my couch or even a spot to drop your luggage, I'd be happy to help :)  (PS, I have a dog for anyone with allergies/dislikes dogs)

That is nice of you. 

Since you live close you probably would know, best parking spots closest to IHP? i mean its Boston and parking is cutthroat. 

Parking is a pain but doable. There is a large garage on the corner of 13th and 3rd which is down the street from the institution. There is also a small surface lot near their other building at 2 constitution center. Either one will cost $20-40 most likely. You can ask at the end if they can validate it in some way. You can always park on the street and just get a ticket for $25 worse case scenario.

How does everyone who interviewed feel about how they did? It was very similar to what I experienced two years ago.  They do a good job of making it feel low stress.  Of course, you are being evaluated the whole time.  I'm dying find out the results.  I never asked about the time frame.  Did anyway bother to ask about when they expected to have decisions made? I head couple weeks, but nothing more than that. 

ANyway, good luck everyone.  Out of our hands now!!

From what the current students said, it sounds like they respond anytime in the next week or longer. Maybe a little different because they did all the interviews this weekend instead of spread out. those who are definite yes or no seem to hear soon while the middle of the road hear later as they review in more detail. If you noticed, the interviewers had a sheet for everyone and scored you from 0-2 for each section. Waiting is a pain but I'm sure it'll be soon and not two months from now.

I saw 2 was excellent so I imagine 0 and 1 were okay or below expectations. I couldn't see what the actual characteristics were that were being scored.

Thank you for sharing! I also had a great time and felt very welcomed by the faculty. I feel as though I didn't get to speak up as much during the group interview as I would've liked, but with 6 other people and only 15 minutes to do the activity it was a bit of a time crunch. At least no one in my group argued or was rude towards one another. Good luck to everyone!

Archived