UTSW 2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing? I thought for sure we'd hear something today

The admissions committee will meet Tuesday morning. The fortunate few that they most want will receive a phone call in the afternoon/evening. If you don't receive a phone call, you will likely be waiting until December to be notified of acceptance/waitlist/rejection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am fairly confident they will be sending out more interview invitations. I would assume they will send them out some time this week, after they go through the applicants from the interview this past weekend, but that's just my guess. I was at the interview this past weekend and they told us they had 2300+ applicants this year that they have been working through. There are at minimum two more interview sessions, and last year they said they had to add another interview (not saying that will happen this year, but it is a possibility). Y'all keep your hopes up!

I don't think that means you're wait listed or rejected I was under the impression that a very slim amount of people are offered acceptance immediately after interview and everyone else sort of goes into a maybe pool until December. As previously stated they still have 2 interview sessions coming so they are probably trying to leave seats open for them as well

Just received an interview invitation for the 29th of October as well! For those asking,

GRE: 157 verbal, 153 quantitative, 4.0 writing.

GPA: Overall: 3.93, Science: 3.90

HCE: Scribing: 1500 hours, CNA: ~400 (still in progress).

I'm over the moon! Good luck everybody!

Interviewed on 10/1 and just got an acceptance call!!! They called twice and didn't leave a message. I was expecting to hear back yesterday evening like they told us we would at the interview and didn't, so when I saw the calls today from a number I didn't recognize, I didn't answer because I assumed it was spam. I looked up the number and saw that it was the UTSW admissions department phone number, so I called them back! Thought I would pass the info along in case anyone else is like me and is thrown off by the lack of voicemail! I guess they just must like telling people themselves :)

Archived