UTSW 2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I emailed pa.sshp@utsouthwestern.edu. It is listed under the "contact us" tab on the website.

I was fairly surprised that they notified me of an interview this early, but it sounds like they will start contacting people soon.

Congratulations! How exciting, I suppose this means we will hear about the first round of interviews real soon!

I emailed them asking for portal log in information and they responded that I will be receiving an invitation for an interview! Email them if you have not heard from them. They're still selecting candidates for the first interview slots. CASPA was verified 6/13.

Congrats! When will you be interviewing?

So I'm pretty sure I'm not getting an interview, they told me I won't find out if I was denied until the Sept deadline, so I'm pretty they answered my question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way, keep your head up. It is possible that you were not selected for the first interview but might be selected for a later one.

So I'm pretty sure I'm not getting an interview, they told me I won't find out if I was denied until the Sept deadline, so I'm pretty they answered my question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the same situation as you. I emailed and got a similar response.

It's possible they realized (by perusing this board) that they were giving away too much too soon and decided to curb that.

Likely. They will let us know soon enough. It's possible they have received way more emails than we even realize (lurkers, I'm looking at you!) and decided to not feed the flames.

Guest paeducator

UT Southwestern Applicants,

Thank you for your patience. Regarding the above advice, please do not email us asking if you will receive an interview invitation. We already have over 2,500 applications being processed with very few admissions personnel to manage them. We will notify applicants when we are able to complete the processing, and we appreciate everyone's patience in the interim. We have a long way to go yet. Thank you.

paeducator

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings!!

CASPA has yet to reflect that UTSW has received my GRE scores.  Anyone else having this problem?  I called ETS and they confirmed they were sent electronically way back in may.

If your scores have been accepted, do you mind looking up and telling me what institution and department codes you used?

I used 6686 for the institution and 0634 (physician assistant) for the department.

The UTSW website does say to use 6686 for both the institution AND department codes, however there is no 6686 code for "Department" when I attempted to resubmit the scores on ETS.

ANY help is greatly appreciated!!!

Greetings!!

CASPA has yet to reflect that UTSW has received my GRE scores. Anyone else having this problem? I called ETS and they confirmed they were sent electronically way back in may.

If your scores have been accepted, do you mind looking up and telling me what institution and department codes you used?

I used 6686 for the institution and 0634 (physician assistant) for the department.

The UTSW website does say to use 6686 for both the institution AND department codes, however there is no 6686 code for "Department" when I attempted to resubmit the scores on ETS.

ANY help is greatly appreciated!!!

Hey,

Gre scores are sent directly to utsw, so they will not be listed on your caspa app.

If your gre account says they have been sent then utsw has them.

Good luck.

Hey,

Gre scores are sent directly to utsw, so they will not be listed on your caspa app.

If your gre account says they have been sent then utsw has them.

Good luck.

I second this.

Thanks for the replies!  To finalize confirmation I dug back to my UTSW emails to which one says "See which test scores are missing.  Note that once official test scores are received from ETS they will be removed from your To Do list."    

My to do list is complete so this must mean scores are in.  

Thanks again!

How do you look up what test score and transcripts UTSW have received?

From what I remember, UTSW should have your transcripts as long as CASPA has your transcripts and your CASPA is verified (I would think). As for the GRE, I contacted UTSW registrar to verify they got my GRE. Their number: Phone: 214-648-3606

You can always call the PA program, Phone: 214-648-1701, to ask questions. When I have called them, they have been polite and helpful.

From what I remember, UTSW should have your transcripts as long as CASPA has your transcripts and your CASPA is verified (I would think). As for the GRE, I contacted UTSW registrar to verify they got my GRE. Their number: Phone: 214-648-3606

You can always call the PA program, Phone: 214-648-1701, to ask questions. When I have called them, they have been polite and helpful.

You can also email them. Passhp@utsouthwestern.edu

Archived