2016-2017 Cycle

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the call from Leah today! I cannot wait to meet all of you. Has anyone started a facebook group yet?

For those that are waitlisted- remember that they went pretty deep into that last year, so absolutely stay hopeful. The fact that you were offered an interview already says volumes about you being equipped to be a PA. You are the few that were given that opportunity!

For those of you who got in, how many times did you apply/interview for Pacific before getting in this round?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was my 2nd round of applying to PA school in general, and the first time I applied to Pacific.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted into this amazing school and PA program. Unfortunately, I am waitlisted and way down the list. To everyone who did not get selected, keep your heads up,  continue to better yourself and reapply next year. Goodluck to everyone of us and I hope we all reach our future goals.

-russ

For those of you who got in, how many times did you apply/interview for Pacific before getting in this round?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a first for me, I'm so grateful I was able to get in my first try! The student ambassador for my interview was also wait listed, she said they went pretty far into the wait list her year.

I was thrilled to get the call from Leah this week! I'm still waiting to hear from one more school before I make my decision, but I would be ecstatic to come to Pacific!

In answer to some of your questions, this is my second year applying but first year applying to Pacific, and I have worked as a CNA for about a year and a half.

Yes, I was accepted and I worked as a CNA part time for 1 year while in college (~800-900 hrs), then full time for 6 months after I graduated. I found a job as a medical assistant at a small private practice where the doctors were willing to train (so I avoided a 9 month MA training program, whew!) and I have been in this role for just over 1 year now, though it had only been ~7 months at the time I applied to Pacific.

I think I had ~2400 hours total or so per Pacific's application (it would have been more had they projected hours until the deadline, since I applied in June).

First time applying to PA school in general, although I certainly could have applied last year, but I wanted to gain more HCE to be more competitive. If I had applied last year, I don't necessarily think I would have been accepted anywhere ---- plus, the things I have learned as an MA this past year have been wonderful. The longer I work in healthcare the more I understand WHY it is a requirement.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived