2016-2017 Cycle

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excited to hear the good news for everyone who received the call from Leah! I officially submitted my deposit today. Throughout this whole process, Pacific has been great at communicating, and they are clearly going to continue. Just a few hours after I phoned in my deposit, I received an email with updates on what to expect moving forward. We will get access to student pages in Jan/Feb, and they communicate with us often to facilitate background checks, pre-req completion, etc. I interviewed at 5 programs in total, and Pacific blew every other program out of the water --- even big "name brand" programs did not appeal to me as much as Pacific did. This program is so unique in the systems-based curriculum, and it seems like the best way for us to integrate so much information in such a short time frame. A lot of other schools do not make the time for small group activities or test-review sessions, but I think having the opportunity to take a test with a small group and get others' perspectives, and also review what I did not understand, will be invaluable to me. We are going to be practicing as a part of a team, so I appreciate that Pacific creates the space for us to learn as part of a team as well.

Now if only I could live in Portland and NOT commute to Pacific, I'd be happier than a clam..... but, the commuting will be worth it for this outstanding program. I am so excited to start in May and get to know you all! Happy holidays, and I hope more good news is in store for those who have yet to hear

Excited to hear the good news for everyone who received the call from Leah! I officially submitted my deposit today. Throughout this whole process, Pacific has been great at communicating, and they are clearly going to continue. Just a few hours after I phoned in my deposit, I received an email with updates on what to expect moving forward. We will get access to student pages in Jan/Feb, and they communicate with us often to facilitate background checks, pre-req completion, etc. I interviewed at 5 programs in total, and Pacific blew every other program out of the water --- even big "name brand" programs did not appeal to me as much as Pacific did. This program is so unique in the systems-based curriculum, and it seems like the best way for us to integrate so much information in such a short time frame. A lot of other schools do not make the time for small group activities or test-review sessions, but I think having the opportunity to take a test with a small group and get others' perspectives, and also review what I did not understand, will be invaluable to me. We are going to be practicing as a part of a team, so I appreciate that Pacific creates the space for us to learn as part of a team as well.

Now if only I could live in Portland and NOT commute to Pacific, I'd be happier than a clam..... but, the commuting will be worth it for this outstanding program. I am so excited to start in May and get to know you all! Happy holidays, and I hope more good news is in store for those who have yet to hear

WOW! I love everything you said! I have yet to interview, I have to wait until December 3rd, and I have never been on the campus yet, but I am just getting such great positive vibes. Even though I live in Philadelphia currently, when I decided to go back and obtain my degree 2 years ago, I started looking at PA programs. Pacific's spoke to me immediately and I've been praying and hoping to get into the amazing program. DO you have any good tips for the interview process? I so hope I get to be one of your classmates of the year 2019 =) CONGRATS!!

WOW! I love everything you said! I have yet to interview, I have to wait until December 3rd, and I have never been on the campus yet, but I am just getting such great positive vibes. Even though I live in Philadelphia currently, when I decided to go back and obtain my degree 2 years ago, I started looking at PA programs. Pacific's spoke to me immediately and I've been praying and hoping to get into the amazing program. DO you have any good tips for the interview process? I so hope I get to be one of your classmates of the year 2019 =) CONGRATS!!

The only tip I have is that you will have only 20 to 25 min to tell them who you are and what do you think ? There are no tricky questions. It a very relaxed interview and prepare basic interview questions. I really enjoyed the interview process and I eat a lot :-) good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure! Mine are: 

Major: Health Promotion & Education
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.75
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.9
DPC hrs : +5000hrs 

Overall HCE +7000hrs

Good Luck! The interview was super fun not at all stressful. Everyone is so nice and the student ambassadors are really cool and helpful! 

Congratulations on getting an interview, I am crossing my fingers for you! How do you feel about moving to the northwest??! I had the most positive interview experience at Pacific out of all of the five different places I interviewed at. Many programs say "we just want you to feel at ease and be yourself" but Pacific really helped make that a reality. I would keep in mind that even though it is a stressful interview day where you want to put your best self forward (is this your first interview?) it really is possible to have a nice and relaxed time. 

You have ~25-30 minutes for the individual interview, and it is pretty conversational. My advice is to KNOW why you want to be a PA, and be sure to share your unique story and reasons for choosing this profession, as well as why you would want to go to this specific program. I strongly recommend talking with friends and family and practice sharing your story. It must be something you believe in, or else you wouldn't be here! I made sure to have 3 key points I wanted to be sure to convey to the interviews, like three things that I value, and I tied these in to personal experiences that supported my values.... It is hard to prepare.... I had been to three interviews beforehand, I had been thinking a lot about 'my story' and 'why I wanted to be a PA,' and I had also spent an afternoon with a close friend who is a teacher, and she really helped me refine the information I was sharing, and she offered a good sounding board as well as some much needed feedback. If you can find a friend or family member who is willing to invest a few hours into rehashing your story and reminding you of how awesome you are (even when you yourself forget) I guarantee it will be time well spent!

Best of luck and have fun!!! Excited to hear your thoughts on the program and your interview day after Dec 3rd.

Congratulations on getting an interview, I am crossing my fingers for you! How do you feel about moving to the northwest??! I had the most positive interview experience at Pacific out of all of the five different places I interviewed at. Many programs say "we just want you to feel at ease and be yourself" but Pacific really helped make that a reality. I would keep in mind that even though it is a stressful interview day where you want to put your best self forward (is this your first interview?) it really is possible to have a nice and relaxed time. 

You have ~25-30 minutes for the individual interview, and it is pretty conversational. My advice is to KNOW why you want to be a PA, and be sure to share your unique story and reasons for choosing this profession, as well as why you would want to go to this specific program. I strongly recommend talking with friends and family and practice sharing your story. It must be something you believe in, or else you wouldn't be here! I made sure to have 3 key points I wanted to be sure to convey to the interviews, like three things that I value, and I tied these in to personal experiences that supported my values.... It is hard to prepare.... I had been to three interviews beforehand, I had been thinking a lot about 'my story' and 'why I wanted to be a PA,' and I had also spent an afternoon with a close friend who is a teacher, and she really helped me refine the information I was sharing, and she offered a good sounding board as well as some much needed feedback. If you can find a friend or family member who is willing to invest a few hours into rehashing your story and reminding you of how awesome you are (even when you yourself forget) I guarantee it will be time well spent!

Best of luck and have fun!!! Excited to hear your thoughts on the program and your interview day after Dec 3rd.

Thank you for the advice!

Would you mind sharing your stats and why you wanted to be a PA? I have an interview on December 3rd as well!

Rejected. Second year in a row.

Sorry to hear, that must be very frustrating and difficult. Did you interview? If so maybe there is some aspect of your interview skills that needs work.

If you didn't interview maybe the program wasn't an ideal fit. Either way, do what you can to make yourself more competitive. I've been there before and had rejections. You just gotta keep plugging away. Best of luck

I had my interview Dec. 3, and I have to mirror what everyone else has said, it was a great experience! I was so impressed with the entire PA program and interview activities. You could clearly see the staff worked very hard to make it as relaxing and welcoming as possible. I also enjoyed meeting the other applicants, everyone was so nice and helpful. Sometimes at interviews there is a sense of competition in the air, but I did not feel that. It seemed as though we all were on the same team, trying to accomplish the same goal. It was nice meeting everyone who was there and I wish all of you the best of luck! If you were not selected this cycle, DO NOT GIVE UP! This program is so worth the continued efforts! Regardless what my application outcome may be, I know anyone who's accepted will be joining a top notch program with a uniqueness that puts them above the rest.

Best,

TNRT

Wait listed as well. Staying optimistic though! Congrats to everyone who got in to such an amazing program!

Does anyone happen to know how many people in total are on the wait list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think they'll say how many are on it. Ultimately anyone from the four interview blocks who were put on committee hold are guaranteed at least a waitlist spot.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Archived