2016-2017 Cycle

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did the interview day go on Oct. 22nd guys? Did you guys like it?

I thought it was pretty mellow, as far as interviews go. They seem to strive to create an atmosphere that is warm and welcoming. The faculty was full of one-liners and if I had a drum set I would have given a lot of "rim shots". The interview itself was 25 minutes and was conducted with a faculty member plus former graduate/ practicing community PA. 

JB, I am rooting for you so hard!  You have a great energy and will without a doubt be a great PA

Thank you Door-E, I really appreciate that. Only 3% of the applicants who applied this year at Pacific will be accepted (2000/58), and you made it in the first round. That says a lot about you! 

Committee Holds, if you'd like to get together this weekend, send me a private message, I live in Sherwood.

Just received my rejection too (I didn't interview). I'm honestly not surprised or upset though Pacific is a really great and competitive school and they have plenty of qualified applicants to pick from, so we can't all be selected! Good luck to those who interview this cycle and congratulations to those accepted!

Accepted!!! Anyone else in the green group accepted? And for those of you on committee hold, I'm sorry that you didn't get the instant gratification, but keep the hope alive, that is still far better than a rejection

Congratulations for your acceptance!! Would you mind sharing your interview experience and how is the overall environment? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations for your acceptance!! Would you mind sharing your interview experience and how is the overall environment? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought it was pretty mellow, as far as interviews go. They seem to strive to create an atmosphere that is warm and welcoming. The faculty was full of one-liners and if I had a drum set I would have given a lot of "rim shots". The interview itself was 25 minutes and was conducted with a faculty member plus former graduate/ practicing community PA. 

First, we all met up and socialized over continental breakfast. Next we were introduced to the faculty and to the program, briefly. Then we were split into groups of 8 or so, arranged by color. From there we got a brief overview of and participated in Q&A of various aspects of the program, while some groups went straight to interview or campus tour. We were led by current first year student ambassadors who answered a lot of questions, made us feel welcome, and made sure we got everywhere on time. It was as relaxed as it possibly could be, given the circumstances. Do you have an upcoming interview? If so, good luck and be yourself, that's what they really want.

I sent in my app and supplemental pretty

Much RIGHT before the deadline. - are there still interviews being handed out or should I assume rejection?

Stats: 3.6 cum gpa

3.98- science gpa

Over 6.000 health care hours (cardiac tech and pct

50 hours pcp shadowing...

Depends. Did you receive a verification email regarding your application before the deadline? The deadline for Pacific is for verification, not submission, unlike other programs. If you submitted and had it all verified before the deadline you should be okay. I think they're still sending out interview emails.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yes! I had gotten an email saying everything was accepted and under review... but it's been almost 2 months now and with other people getting interviews and acceptances, I'm starting to get discouraged. :/

Well I think they're still sending out invites for the later interview dates :) Just be patient, which i know is the hardest part lol Best of luck!! :)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'll be at the interview on Nov 19! I'm excited but also nervous since Pacific is my top choice.

I was just wondering what exactly does committee hold mean? Is that like being waitlisted? Also, did those who interviewed in October hear back from the program via e-mail or mail?

Thanks!

Archived