2016-2017 Cycle

I'll be at the interview on Nov 19! I'm excited but also nervous since Pacific is my top choice.

I was just wondering what exactly does committee hold mean? Is that like being waitlisted? Also, did those who interviewed in October hear back from the program via e-mail or mail?

Thanks!

@tripleb I had an amazing experience during the interview. I didnt feel like I was getting evaluated at all. It more like a campus tour. So after the interview you will be placed in either the 3 categories; accepted, committee hold, rejected. Committe hold is somewhat between acceptance and waitlisted. After every interview, you will be reevaluated with the new group and determine if accepted or continue to be on hold. If after all the interviews are concluded and did not receive acceptance, you will be waitlisted. They will discuss everything you need to know during your interview date. Be sure to ask questions! Goodluck!

- Russ

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was verified and received a "complete" email sometime mid to late August. I wonder if any August applicants has received an invitation/rejection email. Just curious if they've even opened up any files from August at all.

Otherwise, congrats to those accepted! It must feel really nice to finally be at the other side of the application cycle.  

Hey all! I am on Committee Hold as well after the 10/22 interview and, in an effort to pacify myself, I went into last year's thread of applicants and found that Pacific went 50 deep on their wait list in the prior year. Worst case scenario is wait list and so I wanted to send some encouragement that we may still be offered spots even if that were the case.

Hey all! I am on Committee Hold as well after the 10/22 interview and, in an effort to pacify myself, I went into last year's thread of applicants and found that Pacific went 50 deep on their wait list in the prior year. Worst case scenario is wait list and so I wanted to send some encouragement that we may still be offered spots even if that were the case.

Congratulations! It will be interesting to see how it plays out this year. ;)

Just had my interview yesterday and it was a great experience! They really work hard to make it a relaxing environment. I like that it was an entire day long, that way you get to sit and get acquainted and comfortable and when interview time comes, you are really feeling the great vibe that Pacific puts off and I think it rubs off on you. Their hard work paid off, I felt pretty relaxed, given the situation. I like that they consider the day as an interview for the University as well, I left there knowing everything I wanted to know about the program. This program is great, and it is clear that the faculty really cares about students.

They said that they like to accept around 25% out of each interview class, that's about 12 of us!! However, that still leaves 10 spots still available once all interviews are done! So don't get discouraged if you don't get accepted right away! They said they are taking 58 students this year and Interviewing about 192.

Like it was said in a previous comment, they said yesterday that they went 70 deep into the waitlist last year!!!

It was great talking to everyone yesterday!

Good luck everyone, I guess Thursday is the day we find out!

~

Don

Just had my interview yesterday and it was a great experience! They really work hard to make it a relaxing environment. I like that it was an entire day long, that way you get to sit and get acquainted and comfortable and when interview time comes, you are really feeling the great vibe that Pacific puts off and I think it rubs off on you. Their hard work paid off, I felt pretty relaxed, given the situation. I like that they consider the day as an interview for the University as well, I left there knowing everything I wanted to know about the program. This program is great, and it is clear that the faculty really cares about students.

They said that they like to accept around 25% out of each interview class, that's about 12 of us!! However, that still leaves 10 spots still available once all interviews are done! So don't get discouraged if you don't get accepted right away! They said they are taking 58 students this year and Interviewing about 192.

Like it was said in a previous comment, they said yesterday that they went 70 deep into the waitlist last year!!!

It was great talking to everyone yesterday!

Good luck everyone, I guess Thursday is the day we find out!

~

Don

That's awesome thanks for all the insight and good luck to you!!! Did they happen to mention if they were still interviewing/ sending out invites? I got

Verified in late August and haven't heard anything either way yet :/

Is anyone interviewing on 11/19?? I am coming in from NC and have a place to stay but not sure how I am getting from the airport to the interview yet. Anyone else in this situation? Considering renting a car anyone else interested? Maybe carpooling?

Just got the II! What day you flying in? Looking at a flight coming in PDX around 11

Archived