Professor submitted evaluation very fast

Hi everyone,

I know this may seem silly to ask, but does CASPA's application ensure that the reference complete everything (grid ratings, open LOR, and contact info) before he or she can submit the whole evaluation? In other words, is there a mechanism that locks the submit option to a reference if he or she did not complete everything for the applicant? I am asking this because I gave everything my professor requested for (including the request to be sent from CASPA to complete the evaluation) in writing me a LOR the night before he submitted it. I have no idea how the evaluation looks like nor do I know how long it takes to complete, but it just seems odd that everything was done in less than 24 hours. I did well in his class (got an A) and I see no reason why he would write me a poor LOR. He has had a lot of experience writing LOR's for students, so he may just be use to it?

Thanks for your time!

Nah you're worrying about nothing lol. 4 out 5 of my LORs were submitted within a 48 hour window. IMO, length does not matter (quality > quantity)...if they said they will write you an excellent LOR put trust in their words.

This was very comforting to read. Thank you for sharing that!

Don't worry about it! It's certainly something that can be done in maybe 30 min or less (assuming the letter is written). There are a few survey-type questions about how well you know the applicant and how you would rate them on certain characteristics, etc., and then they can attach the letter. One of my  letter writers last year told me all about it.

This is a good thing. Don't stress :)

Archived