2016-2017 Application Cycle -- UC Davis

Hello all!,

I am coming into town on October 1st to the Sacramento airport from MN and have my date set for October 4th. I would be ecstatic to try and cut costs and crash on a couch or two (Phil and Annabel; you guys are awesome!, I would love to buy you food/drink....) I Look forward to visiting the west coast for the first time and meeting fellow candidates and current students. 

Luke

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi/Greetings:

I am a current 1st year like Phil/Annabel/Kelsey/Jason. All FANTASTIC chickadees imo.

I love being at Davis, it was my number 1 and I am glad I didn't go to the other schools I got into before Davis.

I did not go to the meet and greets last year, because I just wanted to conserve energy the night before. I am a Lone Ranger type. I think I just practiced some responses the night before with my cousin, and got about 2 hours of sleep. Lol

Anywho, I would like to help 1-2 people ace the interview. This is all informal and I have NO inside connections, I just know how to get into ANY Pa program. Shoot me a message, and maybe we can either meet at school/coffeeshop or I can send you the materials that worked for me.

We start classes tomorrow and I would love to help more ppl but I don't have boundless energy like Phil.

PM me.

Holy cow y'all!  Congratulations to everyone who got an interview!  I don't have any idea what it means if you have not received one yet, but I'll at least say don't give up!

So I've been in LA the past week for the Emergency Nurses' conference and didn't have wifi to log into the forum.  As such I missed when y'all got your invitations.  Additionally, I've got a bunch of PMs that I'll be responding to in just a little bit.  Thank you to my classmates who have provided a ton of information regarding Candidate Day so I'll skip saying much about that.

Here's what I am working on for y'all:

1.  The invitations seemed to have gone out super late and haven't offered much time for planning on your part or my part.  So I'm working with my classmates to get the meet and greets together.  

2. The plan right now is to have a (very) informal meet up the night before each interview at 7pm somewhere in Midtown Sacramento area.  This will allow for those of you who might be getting into town a bit late to still make it.  The goal of this is to meet other people in your interview group so you're not alone the next day as well as to ask any questions you may not want to ask the next day.

3.  I understand coming from across the country, getting a hotel, renting a car and all that on a budget.  We don't have any money either, but we do have cars and couches.  If anyone needs a place to crash send me a message and I'll try to hook you up with someone's couch.  It ain't much but last year I woke before the interview with a spider crawling on my arm.  I didn't go back to sleep.

That's about all I gotta say.  Please continue to ask all of us your questions about the interview, UC Davis, and Sacramento.  We want this to be as easy for y'all as possible.  You already have enough to worry about, right?

--Phil

Hi Phil, 

So nice of you and last year's cohort to organize a meet and greet. That is so helpful. I plan to be at UC Davis the 28th and would love the chance to meet people the night before. Can you please keep me updated in any plans for the night of the 27th. I live in the Bay and am flexible with times, so anything works for me! And congrats to all and good luck. 

Maisa

Hola friends!

If you're interested in coming to the informal meet and greet the evening before your interviews, can you do me a favor and take a quick second to click this survey?  Only one question and it will let me get a general many people are coming to each.  Don't feel obligated to come if you click! Thank youuuuuuu.

--Phil

https://goo.gl/forms/etZJS25sKtZhMfMw1

Hello again!

I'm super excited to welcome the first two rounds of candidates this week!  Thank you for those of you who clicked the survey; it really helps me plan ahead for how much room we'll need for the meet and greets.  I've recruited a few of my classmates to help organize these things, so be sure to thank them if you get a chance.  Speaking of which:

Tuesday Sep 27th at 7pm.  La Fiesta Taqueria Midtown.  1105 Alhambra Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95816.  There is a small parking lot and otherwise ample street parking.  I'm told it's taco Tuesday so that's cool.  C'mon out, relax, eat, talk, etc...  Thank you to Kelsey for getting this one all set up.

Wednesday Sep 28th at 7pm.  New Helvetia Brewing Company.  1730 Broadway, Sacramento, CA 95818.  No parking lot but there are lots of side streets South of the place to park on.  While they don't serve food, there are three restaurants right next door and they welcome you to bring it on in or have them deliver it to ya.  Oh and they have pretzels.

Good luck to all, let me know if you have any questions!

--Phil

Archived