Changed PA Job ad to include PA/NP and received interesting results.....

• Administrator

I had put an advertisement out for a Physician Assistant and started receiving resumés for Medical Assistants at a ratio of 6:1 (MA's to PA's). It was frustrating! I had to educate these applicants. I had to change the advertisement to include "Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner" and now I'm not getting anymore MA resumés!

So, I guess if the name doesn't change, we always resort to, "Hi, I'm Michael, the PA....you know, similar to an NP" ....and we should be good to go! :wink:

Sad that there are still so many that think there is no reason to change our name. Hope you get some great candidates and hopefully they will have PA-C behind their name!

That is sad and they always say there is something more important than the name change, Like poverty and racism...

http://www.jaapa.com/name-change-name-change-go-away-come-again-well-how-about-never/article/209154/

I still got another 30 years to practice and all the new PAs I know support the name change.

The name change movement is here to stay and it will only get stronger.

frustrating. I go for the name change except I'm told that will open state statues and give opportunity to those who are not our friends. I'd also like to pursue a less dependent status ( RANK HERESY ! !) as a profession.

changing the name WILL NOT open the floodgates to change our laws. we changed our name from physician'S assistant to our current title with no impact. vermont just did it this yr. It's a cosmetic name change.

changing the name WILL NOT open the floodgates to change our laws. we changed our name from physician'S assistant to our current title with no impact. vermont just did it this yr. It's a cosmetic name change.

I feel those that argue it will cost 1m+ and 10+ years to change really don't understand how it would work and this example of dropping the 's shows it is not that hard...

Archived