Class Action Suit Against NCCPA

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive been following this thread and yes Im a student and would appreciate people NOT talking down to me because I am one (afterall you were a student once as well) but Im not understanding exactly what people want done. What change are you trying to evoke? What are you trying to get out of a lawsuit? After reading the thread I understand what happened and the NCCPAs response....I guess Im wondering what more could have been done....

I just was notified I passed after they had told me I failed. Unfortunately that was after I spent over $2K for board review, air, hotel, books etc. Also have to use vacation time to do the CME. I had to notify my boss & be pressured to pass or jepordize my job. I told my family & friends and felt humbled and embarrassed. This was the first time to "fail" in 25 years as a PA. I am relieved I passed & angry that NCCPA made such a huge mistake at our expense.

I have contacted & spoke with the upper management (after several calls, placed on hold for almost 1/2 hour & passed around to 4 people that couldn't explain or do anything. At last, I was informed to submit my expenses. Everyone WIL be reimbursed the $350 within 2 weeks. I will be getting something back on my lost $, otherwise...I will be very interested in pursuing action.

Dondoro88, your friend should log into their acct on the NCCPA website. The exam results section will read the score. I believe most of us received an email saying we actually had passed and directing us to the website to check our new accurate score under exam results. Good luck.

• Administrator
Does anyone know why screen name Crosby1 was banned?? I don't know him but was going to send him a msg as I have seen that he is very upset by the recent NCCPA screw up. Then I saw he was banned...how did that happen?

Crosby1 aka:Ludacris, aka:ashley simms decided to create multiple accounts and resort to cursing on the forum and attacking other members with each account. His behavior was unprofessional and immature. I understand that some topics can get heated, but losing control like he/she did was uncalled for.

@d2305, No, he will not be back.

the only one he/she was "attacking" was brian lipper. and you have to admit, the guy IS kind of jerk :) it's a pretty serious subject, failing the PANRE. lipper insinuates that it was our own fault that we failed? i think that's kind of inflammatory, don't you? maybe lipper should be banned for being annoying and obnoxious. if you can't voice your opinion on this forum without being banned, please cancel my account. i want nothing to do with you people.

if you can't voice your opinion on this forum without being banned, please cancel my account. i want nothing to do with you people.
Crosby1 aka:Ludacris, aka:ashley simms decided to create multiple accounts and resort to cursing on the forum and attacking other members with each account. His behavior was unprofessional and immature. I understand that some topics can get heated, but losing control like he/she did was uncalled for.

@d2305, No, he will not be back.

Voicing opinion, while controversial is still legitimate...It's called free speech. That you can't recognize the difference, well....enough said.

the only one he/she was "attacking" was brian lipper. and you have to admit, the guy IS kind of jerk :) it's a pretty serious subject, failing the PANRE. lipper insinuates that it was our own fault that we failed? i think that's kind of inflammatory, don't you? maybe lipper should be banned for being annoying and obnoxious. if you can't voice your opinion on this forum without being banned, please cancel my account. i want nothing to do with you people.

or you could simply choose to stop posting here.....

you can voice your opinion all you want here...Ive seen people do it for the last 3+ years but cursing and being disgustingly inflammatory is different than just being a jerk/sarcastic (btw even if the person is attacking 1 person or 100 people its still the same---same concept as :"theres no big or little sins, a sin is a sin")......oh and chasing people from thread to thread with the same crap is also not allowed.

this is a privately owned forum and as such you abide by the rules of the forum owner and the forum rules as you to not act that way NOW if thats something you want to do (have the right to curse people out on this forum) then perhaps you might want to find a forum where its allowed.....although most forums have rules against that kind of behavior

• Administrator
the only one he/she was "attacking" was brian lipper.

...So, you acknowledge this?....and this makes it ok?

and you have to admit, the guy IS kind of jerk

....and now YOU are warned. :)

it's a pretty serious subject, failing the PANRE.

Yes, it is. I agree with you.

lipper insinuates that it was our own fault that we failed?

And if he does, that is HIS opinion. You mentioned that everyone should be able to voice their opinion. Why are you telling me that HE cannot?

maybe lipper should be banned for being annoying and obnoxious.

You're annoying ME, and you are being obnoxious right now. In your case, I'll consider it.

if you can't voice your opinion on this forum without being banned, please cancel my account.

In one sentence you are asking to voice your opinion, yet in another, you are asking for me to ban someone who is voicing their opinion...which one is it?

i want nothing to do with you people.

Your wish is my command.

...So, you acknowledge this?....and this makes it ok?

....and now YOU are warned. :)

Yes, it is. I agree with you.

And if he does, that is HIS opinion. You mentioned that everyone should be able to voice their opinion. Why are you telling me that HE cannot?

You're annoying ME, and you are being obnoxious right now. In your case, I'll consider it.

In one sentence you are asking to voice your opinion, yet in another, you are asking for me to ban someone who is voicing their opinion...which one is it?

Your wish is my command.

I love it when something really makes me laugh out loud...

In the heat of the moment, people type things that they later regret.

I think this is the problem. Unfortunately written prose is not my specialty. As such, no one can understand exactly what I'm thinking unless I can express it correctly. While I "know" what I want to say, and I'm still sticking to my opinion, I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. I'll say it again, that's not my goal, intended or not.

I think it's BS people wasted time studying when they didn't need to. Wasted money they didn't need to waste etc.....That's the other problem with fourms like this. One ill-advised post quickly leads to a downward sprial. And rather than just walking away from banter, it quickly devolves into either name-calling or insults of another form. It's just to easy for a reader to make a quick assumption of a controversial post and run with it...

I need to work on what I write (or not write)...

and some people might want to watch some Dr Buckman videos......I have to admit the man knows how to diffuse a situation

I think this is the problem. Unfortunately written prose is not my specialty. As such, no one can understand exactly what I'm thinking unless I can express it correctly. While I "know" what I want to say, and I'm still sticking to my opinion, I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. I'll say it again, that's not my goal, intended or not.

I think it's BS people wasted time studying when they didn't need to. Wasted money they didn't need to waste etc.....That's the other problem with fourms like this. One ill-advised post quickly leads to a downward sprial. And rather than just walking away from banter, it quickly devolves into either name-calling or insults of another form. It's just to easy for a reader to make a quick assumption of a controversial post and run with it...

I need to work on what I write (or not write)...

I'd much rather all this time and energy went towards eliminating the need for a re-cert test, rather than a class-action lawsuit sure to fail (if it ever even gets off the ground).

Well if we can put into question the validity and reliability of the test can't that be a springboard into the necessity of the test?

Archived