2012 applicants?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just talked to the receptionist in the RCC PA program and she informed me that it will now most likely be late april before they will notify us of our acceptance/rejection. they are still reviewing the applications right now. i guess i can stop stalking my postal delivery person for a couple of weeks. this is so frustrating, but what can we do except wait a few more weeks. hang in there, folks!

i just talked to the receptionist in the RCC PA program and she informed me that it will now most likely be late april before they will notify us of our acceptance/rejection. they are still reviewing the applications right now. i guess i can stop stalking my postal delivery person for a couple of weeks. this is so frustrating, but what can we do except wait a few more weeks. hang in there, folks!

Thanks for being the one to call, and for sharing this fact.

Whew. Okay. That's fine. My capacity for patience is expanding to suit.

They certainly have a lot of work to do, wading through all those applications.

And besides, I've established a regular, steady cadence after pounding my head against the walls for the last seven months. I won't even break rhythm. I'll just go on pounding through April.

Hang tight, and good luck to everyone!

And thanks, Pangea!

Thanks for being the one to call, and for sharing this fact.

Whew. Okay. That's fine. My capacity for patience is expanding to suit.

They certainly have a lot of work to do, wading through all those applications.

And besides, I've established a regular, steady cadence after pounding my head against the walls for the last seven months. I won't even break rhythm. I'll just go on pounding through April.

Hang tight, and good luck to everyone!

And thanks, Pangea!

So I have gotten news. It was bad. Postmarked 2/2/2012 I received a denial letter marked for the following reason : "Course prerequisites incomplete or do not meet the program requirements." Psychology 1 and English 1A was marked. I have taken what I thought of as equivalent courses during my undergrad and UCI.

I have been in the process of trying to talk to Dr. Middleton about a repeal for a month and a half now. The secretary started off saying "she will call you in a week" After 2 weeks of waiting I was told she will call in a week again and told that she was extremely busy with the upcoming accreditation check. She told me in 5 business days to call back if she hasn't returned my call. The last call was the secretary saying that there is no telling and she can't promise anything. It could be a week or 2 weeks. It is very frustrating because I have print outs of the class description from the school catalog for the classes I took and RCC's requirements. The descriptions are alarmingly similar. I not only want to have the school take back the denial and reconsider but I need to know if I must retake those classes if the ones I took don't meet their program prerequisites. Because either way I am going to get in and I'd prefer it to be this fall. Anyways, I am through venting but that is the boat I am afloat on or more like sinking in....

So I have gotten news. It was bad. Postmarked 2/2/2012 I received a denial letter marked for the following reason : "Course prerequisites incomplete or do not meet the program requirements." Psychology 1 and English 1A was marked. I have taken what I thought of as equivalent courses during my undergrad and UCI.

I have been in the process of trying to talk to Dr. Middleton about a repeal for a month and a half now. The secretary started off saying "she will call you in a week" After 2 weeks of waiting I was told she will call in a week again and told that she was extremely busy with the upcoming accreditation check. She told me in 5 business days to call back if she hasn't returned my call. The last call was the secretary saying that there is no telling and she can't promise anything. It could be a week or 2 weeks. It is very frustrating because I have print outs of the class description from the school catalog for the classes I took and RCC's requirements. The descriptions are alarmingly similar. I not only want to have the school take back the denial and reconsider but I need to know if I must retake those classes if the ones I took don't meet their program prerequisites. Because either way I am going to get in and I'd prefer it to be this fall. Anyways, I am through venting but that is the boat I am afloat on or more like sinking in....

Did you use the assist.org website to see if the classes you took are equivalent? If you took the english classes as your undergrad english classes then I don't see why they wouldn't count as prerequisites to the PA program. Thsts a bummer. I really hope you can get a reconsideration. That just doesn't seem fair.

As for pangeas response, thsts a bummer, I was really hoping to hear back by the end of march/beginning of april :-( Hopefully the secretary was misinformed & we will great back in the next week or two.

And bike mike, I think we should be happy that we haven't heard back in february. From what I understand, anyone who heard back in february got a denial letter do we are still in the racings!

Lets keep our heads up & hope for the best as the selection committee gets the final decisions made. Seems like they may have been set behind with all of the accreditation issues the school had to deal with.

Did you use the assist.org website to see if the classes you took are equivalent? If you took the english classes as your undergrad english classes then I don't see why they wouldn't count as prerequisites to the PA program. Thsts a bummer. I really hope you can get a reconsideration. That just doesn't seem fair.

As for pangeas response, thsts a bummer, I was really hoping to hear back by the end of march/beginning of april :-( Hopefully the secretary was misinformed & we will great back in the next week or two.

And bike mike, I think we should be happy that we haven't heard back in february. From what I understand, anyone who heard back in february got a denial letter do we are still in the racings!

Lets keep our heads up & hope for the best as the selection committee gets the final decisions made. Seems like they may have been set behind with all of the accreditation issues the school had to deal with.

Siighh, late april? I start PA school across the country late May!!! I either move across the country and spend 150k over 2 years in debt, or stay here and get 0 debt. Oye! :-)

Siighh, late april? I start PA school across the country late May!!! I either move across the country and spend 150k over 2 years in debt, or stay here and get 0 debt. Oye! :-)

Hello all.. I need some advice or maybe a pep talk. I am 36 years old, mother of 3 kids and currently working as a CNA at UCLA Medical Center in Westwood. I just got into the medical field 3 years ago when I was laid off from my job due to the economy. I'm just now deciding to go back to school and am thinking about PA school. I've never been to college before as I started having my kids at a young age (18) so basically I have to get all my prereq's and everything. My kids are older now.. 17, 14 and 9 so I can dedicate more time to school. I've been looking at RCC's PA program and after reading everyones comments I don't feel as motivated as I did before. Not living in the district (I live L.A. county) I am assuming my chances will be slim to none of being accepted even if my GPA are there. I'm a little late in life to be starting a career that is so time consuming with school and I don't want to waste time. Everyone tells me I'm crazy and I should do this and stop worrying about being too old. Since not living in the district isn't a good thing would maybe getting my bachelors instead of just the pre req's or an associates look better? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so confused now :(

Hey, there is still a chance. I am from Bakersfield area and got in. Sure my chances were slim, but chances are chances. If you worry, apply to 2-3 programs the same year.

The bachelor's will only help you if you want to get the Master's from Saint Francis in addition to the RCC program. On the other hand, I heard that eventually all PA programs will have to offer a Master's, so you may need a bachelor's to get in if it is going to be a few years before you apply.

As far as age... it doesn't matter. As long as you will have some good years to practice afterward, and you feel up to the fast pace of the program, you can do as well as anyone.

Hi everyone! I have gotten anything official that says I have been accepted or denied. But, when I log in to my student account through webadvisor there is a link on the bottom left side of the student menu that says academic review. When I click on it, it gives me a choice to select Moreno Valley College. When I click ok, it takes me to a new page and lists Physician Assistant as an "active program". I don't know if I should be excited about this or if it is false hope. Maybe you guys should check it out and see what it says for you. We all had to apply to be RCC students pursuing the PA program so maybe it says this for everyone I don't know. But I did try to call them and I just got a voice mail. What do you guys think?

When I do the same & click on "moreno valley college" it takes me to a web page that is entitled "Academic Review Moreno Valley" but does not show an active program. However when I select riverside college, it shows nursing - 2010. I applied to the nursing program in 2010 but did not have the psych 9 prerequisite completed yet so I did not get in. It appears to be exactly what it says, an academic review to see if you qualify for the program.

What year does it show your academic review for? Did you possibly apply to the PA program last year or the year prior? If not, it looks like its a review for the classes you have taken to see if you qualify for the program this year.

Archived