2012 applicants?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I think I speak for us all when I say we are SO ready to hear back already! Can you believe we will find out whether we will be in the 2014 graduating class of RCC Physician Assistants in as little as 10 to 14 days?! Its so hard to wait for & makes me excited, nervous, anxious, & happy to know that in just 2 weeks or less we will get the answer we have been waiting about 6 to 10 months for now! The days are winding down & can now be counted on our fingers and toes. Good luck to everyone as the application committee makes their final decisions, I really hope to see you guys in the fall.

Brian.

Thanks Brian. I'll be checking my mail box obsessively for the next few weeks, indeed.

I've been in a euphoric state of anxiety and excitement for months. I can't wait to hear something, and I know I'm not alone.

It's been so nourishing, being a part of this forum. You folks are all great!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE HERE!

And I want to thank Pam especially, for her thoughtful replies. THANK YOU, PAM! You're helping to keep us all sane.

Thanks Brian. I'll be checking my mail box obsessively for the next few weeks, indeed.

I've been in a euphoric state of anxiety and excitement for months. I can't wait to hear something, and I know I'm not alone.

It's been so nourishing, being a part of this forum. You folks are all great!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE HERE!

And I want to thank Pam especially, for her thoughtful replies. THANK YOU, PAM! You're helping to keep us all sane.

Well it really depends on how much commuting you mind doing early in the morning & late at night. Remember, at least from what I hear, class startstarts at 8am so you would probably have to leave by 7 to be on time & you will most likely stay after class to study with classmates a few days a week so there may be evening traffic depending on which way youre going. If you have the option of moving closer I would recommend living with in 20 minutes or so.

Well it really depends on how much commuting you mind doing early in the morning & late at night. Remember, at least from what I hear, class startstarts at 8am so you would probably have to leave by 7 to be on time & you will most likely stay after class to study with classmates a few days a week so there may be evening traffic depending on which way youre going. If you have the option of moving closer I would recommend living with in 20 minutes or so.

Um, that I am not entirely sure of. I would imagine if class gets out normally around 5, students would probably stick around & study until some time between 7 & 9, maybe a little later if there is a test coming up. I have a friend who graduated in 2011 & (I'm not sure when in the year this occurred) but he said that for a week our two they were in class until about 9:00 at night. Again, I'm not 100% positive what section they were covering but some semesters the hours fluctuate & you are required to stay longer some nights than others. And the rest of the time you are basically on your own free will to stay & study (which, although I would recommend, is not required). I've grown up in moreno valley &.riverside my whole life, so I know the area pretty well. Where about were you planning on living that is about 35 mins away? I can most likely offer you advice on traffic situations you would encounter in the mornings & evenings. I've also taken classes at the moreno valley RCC campus so I know the local traffic.

Um, that I am not entirely sure of. I would imagine if class gets out normally around 5, students would probably stick around & study until some time between 7 & 9, maybe a little later if there is a test coming up. I have a friend who graduated in 2011 & (I'm not sure when in the year this occurred) but he said that for a week our two they were in class until about 9:00 at night. Again, I'm not 100% positive what section they were covering but some semesters the hours fluctuate & you are required to stay longer some nights than others. And the rest of the time you are basically on your own free will to stay & study (which, although I would recommend, is not required). I've grown up in moreno valley &.riverside my whole life, so I know the area pretty well. Where about were you planning on living that is about 35 mins away? I can most likely offer you advice on traffic situations you would encounter in the mornings & evenings. I've also taken classes at the moreno valley RCC campus so I know the local traffic.

Our classes are scheduled 8-5 monday,wed,thur,fri and 8a-9p tuesday

Most students leave campus immediately after we are dismissed. It's real easy to lose your mind being in the same place all day every day. Some students stay on campus later during the weeks we have physical exams, so they can practice on eachother. It takes about 30-45 minutes to ge to campus from riverside, mainly because the campus isn't near the freeways

Our classes are scheduled 8-5 monday,wed,thur,fri and 8a-9p tuesday

Most students leave campus immediately after we are dismissed. It's real easy to lose your mind being in the same place all day every day. Some students stay on campus later during the weeks we have physical exams, so they can practice on eachother. It takes about 30-45 minutes to ge to campus from riverside, mainly because the campus isn't near the freeways

Nobody has heard back yet, we are "expecting" to get our answers, be it an acceptance or a denial, at the end of this month (march)/early april. Luckily for us, april 1st (april fools day) is a sunday, so mail isn't delivered that day :-), so im hoping that we hear back either by Friday March 30th or Monday April 2nd--following the trends from last year & the year previous, but we will see soon enough.

Although it is possible for people from out of state to be accepted, this school is dedicated to creating "home grown" physician assistants with the intent of improving the local community by providing quality health care professionals to assist underprivileged and underserved individuals & communities in the Riverside county area with topnotch health care professionals--So they give "priority" to those living in Riverside county &.surrounding areas followed by other areas in california, then to the out of state applicants. I have heard that the selection committee selects a handful of students down into tier 3, other surrounding areas in California, however I am uncertain of how many, if any, out of state applicants get accepted. That is not to say that none get accepted, BUT if the school has enough "in-state" or "in county" applicants who meet the criteria, I would imagine--based on what I've heard as well as the schools mission statement, that they would select those students living locally or in-state over an equal or even a better qualified applcant from out-of-state. Wish you the best of luck. To everyone reading this, once you get an answer, whether an acceptance or denial, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, make a post on this forum so we know that letters have been sent out. If a denial, you do not have to post the reason for this however we are all adults here & it would only help us. Thanks, Brian.

Nobody has heard back yet, we are "expecting" to get our answers, be it an acceptance or a denial, at the end of this month (march)/early april. Luckily for us, april 1st (april fools day) is a sunday, so mail isn't delivered that day :-), so im hoping that we hear back either by Friday March 30th or Monday April 2nd--following the trends from last year & the year previous, but we will see soon enough.

Although it is possible for people from out of state to be accepted, this school is dedicated to creating "home grown" physician assistants with the intent of improving the local community by providing quality health care professionals to assist underprivileged and underserved individuals & communities in the Riverside county area with topnotch health care professionals--So they give "priority" to those living in Riverside county &.surrounding areas followed by other areas in california, then to the out of state applicants. I have heard that the selection committee selects a handful of students down into tier 3, other surrounding areas in California, however I am uncertain of how many, if any, out of state applicants get accepted. That is not to say that none get accepted, BUT if the school has enough "in-state" or "in county" applicants who meet the criteria, I would imagine--based on what I've heard as well as the schools mission statement, that they would select those students living locally or in-state over an equal or even a better qualified applcant from out-of-state. Wish you the best of luck. To everyone reading this, once you get an answer, whether an acceptance or denial, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, make a post on this forum so we know that letters have been sent out. If a denial, you do not have to post the reason for this however we are all adults here & it would only help us. Thanks, Brian.

I will be living in Winchester bordering Hemet. I can either take the 215N or Ramona Expressway and I'm hoping to not have to move in order to save on cost of living. Once the first year is over and clinicals begin what is the schedule usually like?

I will be living in Winchester bordering Hemet. I can either take the 215N or Ramona Expressway and I'm hoping to not have to move in order to save on cost of living. Once the first year is over and clinicals begin what is the schedule usually like?

From what I hear, the clinical year is actually worse... you may start out with a shift of 8 or 12 hours, and sometime during that day you may hear "Oh, by the way, you are on call tonight", adding another 12 hours in, to end just in time for your next 12 hour shift.... total of 36 hours. So, obviously you are trying to get a little sleep in the on call rooms when you can. It's best to live as close as you can during those kind of shifts. I currently rent a room in Perris, just south of Moreno Valley, about 10-15 minute drive, but would love to live closer if I could afford it.

From what I hear, the clinical year is actually worse... you may start out with a shift of 8 or 12 hours, and sometime during that day you may hear "Oh, by the way, you are on call tonight", adding another 12 hours in, to end just in time for your next 12 hour shift.... total of 36 hours. So, obviously you are trying to get a little sleep in the on call rooms when you can. It's best to live as close as you can during those kind of shifts. I currently rent a room in Perris, just south of Moreno Valley, about 10-15 minute drive, but would love to live closer if I could afford it.

Ok so yah youre looking at a good 35 mins without traffic and unfortunately heading north on the 215 in the morning is a nightmare. Thsts when traffic that direction is the worst. Maybe leaving at 7 you might beat traffic but I'm not sure. I would test drive it early in the morning a few times one week before school starts. And like pam said, second year may be worse & you may find driving that far after a 36 hour work day very displeasing. Personally I like leaving my house at 5 to drive to long beach 2 days a week much more than leaving my house at 845 to work here in riverside the other 3 days a week. I feel more awake & energized than when I sleep in. If you are like me, you may like leaving around 615/630 & getting to school a little early & having study time before class.

Ok so yah youre looking at a good 35 mins without traffic and unfortunately heading north on the 215 in the morning is a nightmare. Thsts when traffic that direction is the worst. Maybe leaving at 7 you might beat traffic but I'm not sure. I would test drive it early in the morning a few times one week before school starts. And like pam said, second year may be worse & you may find driving that far after a 36 hour work day very displeasing. Personally I like leaving my house at 5 to drive to long beach 2 days a week much more than leaving my house at 845 to work here in riverside the other 3 days a week. I feel more awake & energized than when I sleep in. If you are like me, you may like leaving around 615/630 & getting to school a little early & having study time before class.

Archived