Sign in to follow this  
MECsnow

Interviews? (For 2012 matriculation)

Jpagano,

Yes, I am from TX. Born and raised in San Antonio :=D:

Thanks for replying digiovanni.... I have been asking around because I live in Florida! I hope you get in! rock it out!

Just had my UTHSCSA interview on Saturday. It went really well and was very fun. For all the December interviewees, just relax and have fun! None of us will get acceptance letters till February so we are on the long wait now.

Hey groshel! Did UTSA say anything about where they were in the applications? Even more important how many interviews are there going to be?? Thanks and best of luck to you!

Just had my UTHSCSA interview on Saturday. It went really well and was very fun. For all the December interviewees, just relax and have fun! None of us will get acceptance letters till February so we are on the long wait now.

I find that surprising that an applicant would have to wait till February....

At two other programs I applied to (i.e. in Florida) they notified us within a week.

Anyways, it will all work ou! Best of luck!

I put in my application in mid September and I recieved an interview invite via email for December 3, 2011. My GPA is a 3.9 but I don't have as much PA shadow time as I wish I did. I am health care professional though so maybe that helped.

No word from UTSA at all - rejection or otherwise.... does anyone know anything about this? I know they got everything from me because they cashed my check. :)

Just got a phone call today for an interview this Saturday!! Don't lose hope u guys i sent in my app in may and just got called do for those of u still waiting keep ur heads up

glad to hear more action from UTHSCSA!! when did yall turn in your apps? and if you can share stats, that'd be great.

Congrats and thanks in advance!

I submitted my app in may and my supplemental a couple weeks later...does anyone know if they're going to be doing the spanish conversation this year?

Edited by farah.mahomed

I would expect it, but they've completely changed their interview format.

I'm told they'll ask you some questions in spanish and note how well you respond. As long as you don't stare at them blankly, you should do fine (Assuming you didn't put down that you were fluent).

i know i didn't put fluent down lol! i'm pretty decent at spanish i'm better at understanding than speaking, and i'm worried i'll forget everything i learned when they ask me!

Actually, they make their decisions this week. Word is that notifications will be the following:

Acceptances/Rejections will be sent letters. So, notification probably next week.

Waitlists will get phonecalls.

So are there anymore interviews for this upcoming class or have they finished all of their interview sessions?