Interviews? (For 2012 matriculation)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

realtalk36, they did inform us at the our interview that ours was the last session and that they plan on selecting their class this week. just as a side note for those of u who didn't know they have shortened their program from 33 months to 25 1/2 months! and what was great about this year was that it was not rolling admissions so we were all on a level playing field since they hadn't selected anyone for admission yet and they increased their class size to 40 this year!

Heather, did they notify you all at the interview session that they were done with interviews for 2011-2012? Just curious?

Thanks!

realtalk36,

I was at the interview this past weekend and yes, they did notify us that we were the last group to be interviewed. They should be making their decisions by the end of this week.

Last year they opened up a 4th group to interview when they were originally going to take 3. So, it's possible their holding out to see if they want to run another group in.

From what I've been told, 40 have been accepted and there is a pull of 50 applicants that are alternates, and they should have been notified by now. So, take that for what it's worth.

Last year they opened up a 4th group to interview when they were originally going to take 3. So, it's possible their holding out to see if they want to run another group in.

From what I've been told, 40 have been accepted and there is a pull of 50 applicants that are alternates, and they should have been notified by now. So, take that for what it's worth.

Thanks Theyus that was a relieve. But I think I'll go if I get accepted in other school, even though Texas is my second choice.

Thanks Theyus that was a relieve. But I think I'll go if I get accepted in other school, even though Texas is my second choice.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, so UTHSCSA sent me an e-mail saying that my application was never even reviewed! When I asked why they said I was missing prerequisites. Well, I'm not!! I had to get one approval for an alternative to stats because it had another name at my school but all of this was signed off by Dr. Blessing. I included all of the documentation and even called after it was sent to make sure it had gotten to the right people and that there was nothing else I needed to do.

I thought it was strange that I never heard anything from them for so long and even called to make sure that my application was still in review and they told me to wait it out. There are countless times that I have had correspondence from them since August and no one ever mentioned that there was a problem! It doesn't really matter now because I got into a really awesome program, but its frustrating. I definitely wouldn't have spent $90 and countless hours working on the supplemental essays if I thought there was a chance that my application wouldn't even be looked at.

So had to vent a little... thanks for listening :)

Anyone else have something like this happen?

Wow, so UTHSCSA sent me an e-mail saying that my application was never even reviewed! When I asked why they said I was missing prerequisites. Well, I'm not!! I had to get one approval for an alternative to stats because it had another name at my school but all of this was signed off by Dr. Blessing. I included all of the documentation and even called after it was sent to make sure it had gotten to the right people and that there was nothing else I needed to do.

I thought it was strange that I never heard anything from them for so long and even called to make sure that my application was still in review and they told me to wait it out. There are countless times that I have had correspondence from them since August and no one ever mentioned that there was a problem! It doesn't really matter now because I got into a really awesome program, but its frustrating. I definitely wouldn't have spent $90 and countless hours working on the supplemental essays if I thought there was a chance that my application wouldn't even be looked at.

So had to vent a little... thanks for listening :)

Anyone else have something like this happen?

They did the same to me as well and it's very annoying, I called in as well and they said everything was fine and complete.

The same thing happen to me and my brother. We both emailed our documents and transcripts for a review before we even applied, and we got emails saying that everything was OK and that we had all the prerequisites. We both applied very first week when the application cycle started. We tried to contact the school numerous times and nobody ever responded to our emails and messages, until last week when we got emails saying that we were both rejected because we did not have all the prerequisites??? We are both very disappointed that they were very unprofessional and they mislead us.

The same thing happen to me and my brother. We both emailed our documents and transcripts for a review before we even applied, and we got emails saying that everything was OK and that we had all the prerequisites. We both applied very first week when the application cycle started. We tried to contact the school numerous times and nobody ever responded to our emails and messages, until last week when we got emails saying that we were both rejected because we did not have all the prerequisites??? We are both very disappointed that they were very unprofessional and they mislead us.

Somone responded to me today indicating that the way the class was listed in CASPA was not clear. I'm just hoping I get in other school. :(

Archived