Yale's new online pa program

I couldn't believe they were actually going to get this through accreditation until I read the last line of the Yale Daily News article and now it all makes sense: "Program Director James Van Rhee is a commissioner for the ARC-PA."

That makes more sense now.  I emailed the ARC-PA and never got a response.  This is probably why.  Their director is pushing his own personal agenda through the ARC-PA. 

Makes me sick. 

• 1 year later...
Guest GoyaHoya69

Requestinfo.pa.yale.edu for anyone who is interested

Wow, it's even shorter than the campus-based program (24 vs 28 months).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want this conversation to turn heated as past discussions of the online program have, but it is important to have accurate information in your posts.

I am in the Yale program, graduating next month. We had 16 rotations, 2 of which were dedicated to completing our thesis (these rotations are not listed on the program website, so it isn't fair to not know this without personal knowledge).

So both would be 16 rotations in 28 months.

I don't want this conversation to turn heated as past discussions of the online program have, but it is important to have accurate information in your posts.

I am in the Yale program, graduating next month. We had 16 rotations, 2 of which were dedicated to completing our thesis (these rotations are not listed on the program website, so it isn't fair to not know this without personal knowledge).

So both would be 16 rotations in 28 months.

I am a graduate so have immense personal knowledge of the program and how this online program had been presented to community, students, school of medicine. All of my concerns and opinions are based on time spent in the program.   Can you really call 2 thesis months "rotations"???  Is sitting in a session with a librarian the same as working 10 hour days on the hospitalist or trauma service. I am just presenting the facts, not getting heated. You are graduating in December then you are well aware of the multiple foibles in the handling of the announcement and the persistent conflicting information presented by Van Rhee and the School of Medicine.  The Dean of the PA Program, Richard Belitsky, had even apologized for the missteps.  That said money talks and 2U is willing to pay alot for the Yale name.  I am not confident that there is yet full disclosure about what this program will really look like from 2U or Yale...Van Rhee and 2U has everything to lose if this is not successful.  There is really nothing like PA education and I am just worried...plain and simple.

I would say most current students/new grads are not in favor of the program in general, including myself. I am trying to remain as objective as possible however. Many schools offer mmsc degrees, or mspas/mpas etc and none have identical courses of study. As an alumnus we were all informed in advance what the go live date would be, that is how i was aware of it.

I would say most current students/new grads are not in favor of the program in general, including myself. I am trying to remain as objective as possible however. Many schools offer mmsc degrees, or mspas/mpas etc and none have identical courses of study. As an alumnus we were all informed in advance what the go live date would be, that is how i was aware of it.

True about the different degrees and not identical courses of study...but potentially different curriculum between two PA programs at the same university and come out with the same degree? Don't think that has ever happened... 

Archived