Yale's new online pa program

Not equivalent in curriculum or criteria to get in but same degree...  I know someone currently enrolled in the program, and just over the summer Van Rhee, in a student meeting said that it would be a MPAS, capstone not thesis and 9 rotations: "primary care focus".  Now it is not. Was he lying, saying what people want hear (I read a study that said people who chronically lie brains change so they can't tell the difference between truths and lies) ...here is my guess, which happened at my undergrad school,  at any university to get a new degree they need to have board approval;  in this situation they would need to go the Yale Board,  which probably doesn't meet a lot or move very quickly and would take a long time to approve. They have trying to push this through since 2U got their claws and money in at Yale and the expansion didn't work so lets run with a separate program but not make it look all that different.  Really don't trust them.  Quite honestly the fact that it is only you and me talking about it is probably more irritating to the big corporate machine and Van Rhee than any comments we make (you know his ego is making him check this site regularly).  LOL.  Happy Thanksgiving. 

Yes it is happening. 2U provides technical support and the online platform that the program will utilize for coursework. I think they provide information about it all on the website posted above.

went from one of the loudest naysayer and presence in the first attempted roll out, now helping them market it.  marktheshark89 still sounding like you are looking for an academic job with them...dollars to donuts (what does that mean) you will weasel your way into a position but remember all the things you complained about...you will be selling you soul to the devil. BE STRONG,,,

I have no plans to nor would I even be qualified to work for them. I have stated several times I am not in favor of the program for the profession. That hasn't changed. I see no point in continuing this discourse nor defending myself against your vitriol so I will no longer by replying to your comments, especially since I am confident I know who you are and that it will get me nowhere and will not move this conversation in a meaningful direction. Happy thanksgiving.

I have no plans to nor would I even be qualified to work for them. I have stated several times I am not in favor of the program for the profession. That hasn't changed. I see no point in continuing this discourse nor defending myself against your vitriol so I will no longer by replying to your comments, especially since I am confident I know who you are and that it will get me nowhere and will not move this conversation in a meaningful direction. Happy thanksgiving.

Fair enough.  Time will tell. That said you have absolutely no idea who I am but this really isn't important...never was a voice in the initial conversation OR on this forum. I have decided enough is enough,  I will lend my voice for quality PA education and continue weigh in on this topic. 

Archived