Looking for rural/remote ER position with 72-96 hour shifts

Hey guys!  I am new to the forum.  I am an ER PA working in Utah in Emergency Medicine for the last 5 years.  UC experience prior to that.  I am interested in supplementing my current income with some travel assignments to some rural/remote areas for some concentrated hours.  Can you give me any information or leads that might help me in my endeavor?

Thanks, Sig

Why is that E?  Why not other very rural areas?  What's the difference between S. Dakota and eastern Oregon/Washington??

longest shifts I have seen outside of the midwest are 24 hrs. might be a volume thing. I have a buddy who does 48s for passllc (above) in s. dakota on an IHS contract and he sees 7 pts in 48 hrs. I could imagine doing 48s at my very rural gig and it would be ok most of the time, but every now and then you might get womped.

not to long ago I drove up to 6.5 hours (one way) for 72+ hour shifts at one hospital. They offered to fly me but with connections the flight was longer then driving. Eastern MT has many 72+ hour shifts. I know of one hospital (as of last year) that flies a PA from the Seattle area to Eastern MT to work 7, 24s straight (yeah that's 168 hours). then they fly him home.

Currently I drive 35 minutes to my primary job, and 1h 15m to my part time gig.  

I know there is a Northern Maine hospital that does some longer shifts.  Not sure if they are hiring but I could find out if Maine is a thing you are interested in.  Critical access hospital.  Can be dead, can be full of badness from my understanding.  It's single PA coverage with hospitalist backup. 

Their site doesn't have any jobs listed unless I just can't find the right page.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

you have to call them to find out current needs as they change week to week. most of their sites are tiny indian health service hospitals with ERs with fewer than 10 beds in the middle of nowhere that they can't staff with PHS folks.

Archived