Did you ever need your notes from undergrad?

I'm running out of room in my small apartment so I think what needs to go is my big storage bin of undergrad notes, papers, lab notebooks, etc etc. Those who are in or have finished PA school, did you ever need to reference any of these notes or materials? I'll be honest, I'm having a hard time letting go of all this stuff that I worked so incredibly hard on.

So, should I keep them or get rid of them?

• 2 weeks later...

I kept only the textbooks that weren't worth selling on Amazon or eBay. For some reason I kept some biochem and medical Spanish flashcards all the way through PA school, but never referenced them once. The one thing I did reference was physiology summary notes that I had from an online medical physiology class - but they were available online and I didn't have to keep a hard copy. I also kept handouts and study materials that I had used for jobs and volunteering in the medical field, which I referenced many times. 

• 2 weeks later...

I looked back at my endocrinology notes from undergrad. I had a wonderful endocrinology professor and the notes/diagrams were excellent in helping me review all the hormones work when it came to learning endocrinology and women's health. PA school didn't really go into depth about them, so reviewing those notes helped me to understand the pathophysiology. Ultimately, it really depends on the quality of the notes and if they pertain to what you are learning in PA school.

• 8 months later...

I just finished my 1st week and am SOOO glad I brought my Immunology and Anatomy books/notes all the way from Oregon to the East coast. Every book presents information in a slightly different way, and my old books are more accessible for me with some types of information than my school's assigned texts. Everyone is different, and just because other people didn't use their old materials doesn't mean some of yours wouldn't be useful for you.

Archived