ACEMPA

Didn't see this on any previous posts/threads so I wanted to throw it out

A colleague just said to me, "Hey have you seen or heard of this new EM PA organization?"

I confessed I had not.

http://www.acempa.org/

Interested to see what the thoughts on the forum are. . . . .

. . . .should be good.

And don't forget to take their survey.

look at their board. 3 of them are grads of the military residency program with Dsc degrees. I sent them a note saying if they only want residency grads as members they will be lucky to get 50 folks. If they opened it up to folks with the caq + five years experience working in a main dept they will get a lot more.

Are they trying to upstage SEMPA by being more exclusive?  Since SEMPA is ACEP-affiliated, I really don't see how they win that one.

My thinking is they want to create a "college" with fellows like ACEP does, but not sure how that would be any advantage.  When it comes to political activity and physician-PA relations and matters more practical to in-the-trenches PA's, SEMPA is so far out in front that they'd have an extremely hard time to even come close to achieving something of significance.  And I don't think my bias towards SEMPA is coloring that

• 2 weeks later...

While I can understand the long term goals of this group, I think that this group will be facing an uphill battle on it's own.

I would think they would do better trying to work with SEMPA within the relationship it has developed with ACEP to pursue it's agenda.

Kind of funny because I thought that SEMPA was a big supporter of the residency/fellowship movement.

G Brothers PA-C

it seems their focus is on folks who have both a doctorate and have completed a residency...giving them a potential applicant pool nationwide of less than 100 individuals, maybe even less than 50...The army/baylor program has probably graduated 10-20 by now I would imagine and a handful of folks have done both on their own. I can think of one guy offhand who did a residency then got his PhD 10 or so years later. there must be more, but not a lot more.....yet....

While I can understand the long term goals of this group, I think that this group will be facing an uphill battle on it's own.

I would think they would do better trying to work with SEMPA within the relationship it has developed with ACEP to pursue it's agenda.

Kind of funny because I thought that SEMPA was a big supporter of the residency/fellowship movement.

G Brothers PA-C

As with many things that seem confusing on the surface or redundant...usually politics is the underlying reason.

Archived