2015/2016 application cycle

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so I got brave enough to call today to ask about accreditation, the woman said that the ARC-PA accreditation board meets the first week of October and she wasn't sure but she thinks they are holding acceptances until at least then.

Thanks so much for sharing!!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Well hopefully this means those of us that interviewed in August hear back soon! Just saw this on their website.

The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) has grantedAccreditation-Continued status to the Towson University CCBC Essex Physician Assistant Programsponsored by Community College of Baltimore County. Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation status granted when a currently accredited program is in compliance with the ARC-PA Standards. Accreditation remains in effect until the program closes or withdraws from the accreditation process or until accreditation is withdrawn for failure to comply with the Standards. The approximate date for the next validation review of the program by the ARC-PA will be September 2023. The review date is contingent upon continued compliance with the Accreditation Standards and ARC-PA policy .

Well hopefully this means those of us that interviewed in August hear back soon! Just saw this on their website.

The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) has grantedAccreditation-Continued status to the Towson University CCBC Essex Physician Assistant Programsponsored by Community College of Baltimore County. Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation status granted when a currently accredited program is in compliance with the ARC-PA Standards. Accreditation remains in effect until the program closes or withdraws from the accreditation process or until accreditation is withdrawn for failure to comply with the Standards. The approximate date for the next validation review of the program by the ARC-PA will be September 2023. The review date is contingent upon continued compliance with the Accreditation Standards and ARC-PA policy .

Awesome! Thank you!

Me too, SD05!! FuturePA456, I'm not sure if they have your app in front of them... I remember that they do have papers in front of them though. Probably best to assume that they don't know anything about you, just from my experience.

Me too, SD05!! FuturePA456, I'm not sure if they have your app in front of them... I remember that they do have papers in front of them though. Probably best to assume that they don't know anything about you, just from my experience.

Thanks SylB!!

Good luck waiting everyone!

Hello everyone! Happy PA's week! 

I have an interview on October 14th. I am looking forward to hear good news from all of you who had an interview in August. I am on your side because the waiting process is never easy. 

How much time did they give you to complete an essay during your interview?

@TeacherPA - My interview started at 8 and I was done by 9:30.  You could give yourself an extra 30 mins but it was not too long.  You definitely have time to make a doctors appointment.

@Labrat2PA and @ SylB - I agree.  Waiting 7 weeks is a long time.  If we had been notified of any updates, it wouldn't be as bad.  I will be disappointed if the second round of interviews hears back at the same time the 1st day of interviews does because we've been patiently waiting for a long time.

Archived