2015/2016 application cycle

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any of you trying to get into the AACC/University of Maryland Baltimore program? I've submitted the supplemental app, photo, fees, and applied to the school itself, as requested. Not sure if this means I'll get called for an interview or not... Technically, the app cycle for caspa ends tomorrow; could they be holding off on invites until after the app cycle ends? Clearly, I'm anxious.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Did they say anything about the probation during the interview?

The interview was very relaxed and informative. Everyone was great and I can say that I really enjoyed it. I would be thrilled to be in the same class with some of the other interviewees. The director talked about the probation in the beginning. Basically, the ARC gave them a list of things that need to be corrected, and everyone I spoke to said, without any hesitation, that there isn't any doubt that they will receive full accreditation in September. Overall, I felt that there was transparency in discussing the issues with probation. They were open to any questions that were asked about it.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

^^ I agree, I asked when the actual site visit was and the program director said he believes the ARC-PA will be visiting the campus the second week of September.

They wont be notifing of acceptances/waitlists/denials for those who interviewed for another 4-5 weeks which is gonna be a killer wait.

^^ I agree, I asked when the actual site visit was and the program director said he believes the ARC-PA will be visiting the campus the second week of September.

They wont be notifing of acceptances/waitlists/denials for those who interviewed for another 4-5 weeks which is gonna be a killer wait.

They said acceptances should be out within 4 weeks of the interview day. I asked if that meant they would be out around the same time they hear from the ARC-PA and the director said that this is what he is hoping for. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Overall, I was pleased with how the whole interview process went.  Faculty, current students, and even the applicants were super welcoming and down-to-earth.  After meeting the other applicants, it looks like a great group of candidates.  Like previously mentioned, the probation ordeal was covered well.  It seems like they are doing what they have to do to get off of probation.  Over these next 4-5 weeks, I will be going crazy while waiting!  I'm crossing my fingers that we have good outcomes :)

• 2 weeks later...

Although I won't go into details about the interview because I don't really think that is fair to the people who have already interviewed, I will say that they ask questions you should expect in an interview and the essay isn't anything you can prepare for.

Congrats!! A good night sleep, a small breakfast, and coffee (but not too much). I made that mistake and I couldn't sit still =) Other than the basics, relax and know that you've made it this far for a reason. They want to make sure you're a real person that they can connect with. This was my approach... Still no word yet on acceptance though. Good luck to you!

Archived