2016 APPLICANTS - post here!

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jason & Fgoetz- have no fear... but you won't be getting an email today.  I just called to try to get confirmation, and Jackie who is scheduling all the exams has today off.  The gal on the phone said she will continue scheduling the exams Monday and there is no one else I can talk with before Monday.

FOGOETZ - do you have healthcare experience?  Are you working at the GYN clinic?  What do you do?

And believe me... I understand too... the impression I got from the call was that since I didn't email in time, that I lost my test chance... but I have proof that I emailed..  I keep calling to try to get confirmation

I am trying not to worry... because since I have proof of RSVPing in time.. I'd hope that theyd let me test, even if I got bumped from my original time..but stay tuned!

Yea you will be fine. I only have my shadowing for the gyn and a general Doctor. I do not work in the medical field. I actually work at a restaurant to put me through school. So I know it may be harder for me but I take my chances. I have a friend who graduated last year from the program and she only had shadowing experience as well. My grades are good so that might help :) Jackie told me I was definitely taking the test when I showed her my application maybe that's why I'm even more nervous that I haven't heard anything g yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup!  I'll be 32 before the program starts.. which is nice... I feel like I've had enough careers and enough healthcare jobs to really feel focused on what I want to do with the rest of my life.  When I was younger, I was too scattered- and I don't think I would have been successful at PA school 10 years ago.  I have meet PA students that are in their young 20s and doing great, but I needed to be more settled I guess....

Where do you live?  Where did you do your BS?

Yes I feel the same. I think that age has its advantage. I actually don't have a BS only an AA.

It's been a journey for me lol I'm actually German I've been here 10 years now so it wasn't always easy to go to school. Plus I have no family here. Ill be 32 in August [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived