Leaving a class out on CASPA

I really dont want to put it down. Is there any way they wouldn't notice.

Silly question, I know.  

No silly-- completely dishonest. There is a little concept called "academic integrity" that too many people seem to have forgotten. 

Btw- CASPA verifies every single course you report and audits against your official transcripts. 

You are required to send your official transcripts from all the institutions you have attended to CASPA (this is part of the verification process that CASPA does). They will review what you inputted for the classes you took, the grade you received and the amount of credits the course was. They will use what you inputted and compare it to what is listed on your official transcripts. Everything listed on your official transcript should be listed in the coursework completed section on CASPA. This is what loliz means by "audit" as they check what you put in against the proof. You have to be 100% honest on your application in every aspect.

Including the one grade you are not happy with on your application won't hurt you that much, but leaving it off and people finding out about it, you risk the chance of never becoming a PA as it portrays a negatively on your character.  

I had an F in one class, no one cared. No one will care about your C- (especially since you got an A the second time). You have to be honest on your application as others have mentioned. 

Agreed. Violating CASPA's Code of Conduct, which you are required to sign, gets you in much bigger trouble - with the PA Education Association,  no less - than one crummy grade. It sounds to me like OP needs to do a lot more research on how the CASPA process works prior to applying. Their instructions are pretty clear about all of this.

I want to just put my two cents out there. Everyone has been very polite so far about your question, but I fear I don't have the patience they do at the moment (I just finished a round of interviews and am proud for the grades I've replaced over the past years). The truth is - I think you know better and are using this forum to see what you can get away with on CASPA to pull a fast one. To me, it sounds like you have a lot of growing to do before becoming a healthcare professional. Integrity plays a huge role in patient safety and, in general, is a trait that lies deep within you to push you to do the right thing no matter what. Do you think it would be fair that everyone except you reports their bad grades? If you think you deserve the upperhand that no one else got, you're sorely mistaken. I am so disappointed to be reading this question.

When I was applying, I read somewhere on this forum that if they don't find out during interviews but find out when you are in school ..... they WILL throw you out, and you can never apply again to any PA school, but you will have $100k of loans or something close to that. That scared me to death, so I double checked and made sure I didn't make mistakes on my application that could look like I was dishonest.. so yes, Alanna is right :)

When I was applying, I read somewhere on this forum that if they don't find out during interviews but find out when you are in school ..... they WILL throw you out, and you can never apply again to any PA school, but you will have $100k of loans or something close to that. That scared me to death, so I double checked and made sure I didn't make mistakes on my application that could look like I was dishonest.. so yes, Alanna is right :)

They actually can revoke your degree after you graduate if it's found out afterwards. That would suck...

Just wondering what happens if you leave out a class on your CASPA and submit your transcript to be verified?

I have  a class i received a C- in and the credit value for it was zero. I'v also re taken it and got an A. I really dont want to put it down. Is there any way they wouldn't notice.

Silly question, I know.  

tQyqMJj.gif

I want to just put my two cents out there. Everyone has been very polite so far about your question, but I fear I don't have the patience they do at the moment (I just finished a round of interviews and am proud for the grades I've replaced over the past years). The truth is - I think you know better and are using this forum to see what you can get away with on CASPA to pull a fast one. To me, it sounds like you have a lot of growing to do before becoming a healthcare professional. Integrity plays a huge role in patient safety and, in general, is a trait that lies deep within you to push you to do the right thing no matter what. Do you think it would be fair that everyone except you reports their bad grades? If you think you deserve the upperhand that no one else got, you're sorely mistaken. I am so disappointed to be reading this question.

It was just a question. Relax yourself before you prejudge me and hand me advice on growing up, being a healthcare professional or what my motives are for using this forum- thats not up for your discretion. Furthermore no one asked for the additional side comments or opinions- that wasn't part of the post or the question. But thanks anyway- hope it made you feel better to write all that out.

Just wondering what happens if you leave out a class on your CASPA and submit your transcript to be verified?

I have  a class i received a C- in and the credit value for it was zero. I'v also re taken it and got an A. I really dont want to put it down. Is there any way they wouldn't notice.

Silly question, I know.  

It was just a question. Relax yourself before you prejudge me and hand me advice on growing up, being a healthcare professional or what my motives are for using this forum- thats not up for your discretion. Furthermore no one asked for the additional side comments or opinions- that wasn't part of the post or the question. But thanks anyway- hope it made you feel better to write all that out.

Sorry, but when you post on a public internet forum, people are allowed to infer your motives for asking such a question. Furthermore, whether you like it or not comments and opinions, "no one asked for," are part of life. You're not only going to hear what pleases you...that would be a fantasy.

Secondly: "Is there anyway they wouldn't notice? Silly question I know"- on a new account, come-on. That sounds like a fishing expedition for "what can I get away with" to many people. At best it's profoundly naive, and at worst you're looking to lie & cheat to gain a competitive advantage. You wouldn't be the first, and certainly not the last. But eventually, if that is your intent, just remember that karma is real.

Sorry, but when you post on a public internet forum, people are allowed to infer your motives for asking such a question. Furthermore, whether you like it or not comments and opinions, "no one asked for," are part of life. You're not only going to hear what pleases you...that would be a fantasy.

Secondly: "Is there anyway they wouldn't notice? Silly question I know"- on a new account, come-on. That sounds like a fishing expedition for "what can I get away with" to many people. At best it's profoundly naive, and at worst you're looking to lie & cheat to gain a competitive advantage. You wouldn't be the first, and certainly not the last. But eventually, if that is your intent, just remember that karma is real.

No need to get so vicious it really was just a question and it wasn't coming from a malicious place. Im not sure what gain you have by chiming in to add your 2 cents and rubbing it in my face when it's clearly been answered already several times. And Btw, I wasn't aware you needed to spend all day posting on the forum before you have a privilege to ask a certain question. lol @ "newbie"

No need to get so vicious it really was just a question and it wasn't coming from a malicious place. Im not sure what gain you have by chiming in to add your 2 cents and rubbing it in my face when it's clearly been answered already several times. And Btw, I wasn't aware you needed to spend all day posting on the forum before you have a privilege to ask a certain question. lol @ "newbie"

You're very hostile and defensive towards any criticism. There is nothing "vicious" here, just statements of fact. But your snideness to another poster's calmly expressed concern about what you were asking was the impetus for my reply.

They way in which you are conducting yourself here does not bode well for your maturity level, anymore than the questioned you posed. You don't have to post "all day" to ask a question, but when a new, essentially throw away account with no post history asks if they'll get caught cheating... yeah, you're gonna get called out.

You sound very sensitive. Sorry, thought we were all adults here and sometimes adults say what's what. If your question came from a good place, I am failing to see how that's possible. Please, enlighten me. As stated earlier by PACdan, it's strange of you to come to a public forum and get upset when someone gives you a less than desirable answer. I don't wish any failure upon you, just that you learn how to be more appropriate in the future. Best of luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...

Its funny how some people seem to get so upset at this person for being dishonest when I bet most of those commenting have done something similar or even worse. I have seen the mass cheating at university's and it is despicable. Yes, I consider receiving old tests from friends who had the same teacher & class as unfair and similar to cheating. I know this is widespread especially in nursing schools. 

All comments already made aside, as the manager of CASPA, if you decide to not list a course on CASPA that is listed on your transcript, it will be caught during verification. They will un-deliver your application and require you to make the necessary corrections before verification is complete. If it is found anything is purposely misrepresented on any application, you can be reviewed for a code of conduct violation, in which sanctions may be imposed. It is as simple as that. It does not matter your intent, you are required to represented yourself accurately on your application as part of the applicant code of conduct.

Thank you,

Danielle

Regarding the comment from Gtrackster: "Its funny how some people seem to get so upset at this person for being dishonest when I bet most of those commenting have done something similar or even worse. I have seen the mass cheating at university's and it is despicable. Yes, I consider receiving old tests from friends who had the same teacher & class as unfair and similar to cheating. I know this is widespread especially in nursing schools."

I always find it interesting that people with weak moral and ethical compasses feel everyone else is pretty much like them. The most common excuse is "everyone does it." Perhaps they have surrounded themselves with others who lack character or, perhaps, they simply feel the rules shouldn't apply to them.

What most surprises me about the OP is that, as I understood the post, after reading it three times, it was a zero credit course, which means there would be zero GPA effect on CASPA. Perhaps the OP was unclear because I'm not sure why anyone would bother to retake a zero credit course on which they got a C.

Maybe the OP was just concerned about HOW to deal with the C. (Benefit of the doubt) CASPA is basically one size fits all and it can be difficult to know how to enter some data that just doesn't seem to fit. You just have to do the best you can and get help where necessary. You won't be penalized for making an honest mistake but your application may be held up which is penalty enough.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Nearly everyone has something on their application they wish they could improve (whether its GRE, GPA, background, HCE). Is it worth jeopardizing your acceptance based on one poor grade? 

If your a well rounded, qualified applicant, you will be seen as one to the admissions committee and they will accept you.

one grade shouldnt change that

• 2 months later...

OK I just cannot let this dead horse lie without taking another whack at it.  I see this type of defensiveness all the time.  I am an older applicant and I am a Christian.  When my younger classmates wonder into the weeds I do my best to bring them back on the road.  I do not beat the over the head with religious doctrine I lead by example and gentle reminders that that little voice telling you that's not right may be God.  I hear the question every day, "weren't you young once?"  Yes I was and all I am doing is trying to save others from the mistakes I have made.  Have I done things in the past that I wish I could bury?  You have no idea and bringing them up and throwing them at me has no effect on my attitude.  The thing with morality and this type of question is when you decide in your heart that it was wrong your supposed to change your behavior and that is what I have done.  The OP does not deserve the privilege of being a PA until her heart changes.  With that kind of attitude if she makes a mistake in a clinical setting she has left herself the moral option that her mistake is OK as long as no one notices.  

I am an old military guy and there is a Navy SEAL doctrine that when you are busted you are supposed to "deny and make counter accusations."  That is what she did, her defensiveness proves that in her heart she still thinks what she was asking in OK.  A truly repentant applicant would have said that everyone else was right and she was embarrassed that the actually hit the post button.

Archived