2014-2015 Application Cycle

I called today and I did not know that they do not have a Masters PA program. They only have a 4 year bachelors program. I asked her then why do they have a CASPA application and she said they don't accept any applications. There will be a masters program in a couple of years. 

I called today and I did not know that they do not have a Masters PA program. They only have a 4 year bachelors program. I asked her then why do they have a CASPA application and she said they don't accept any applications. There will be a masters program in a couple of years. 

They have a Bachelors program ...AND... a Certificate (non-masters) (basically graduate) program. They have been saying for quite sometime they were going to switch it over to a master's program but it seems like they don't want to go through all of the work. For the certificate program you have to have most of the pre-requisite classes as other Masters programs.

Got in touch with them today, and just got the it's "under review" after I asked if they were still granting interviews...sigh

By 2020 it will be mandatory that all programs offer a Master's Degree, or they will not be able to continue their program. Currently, programs that offer a certificate sometimes have an affiliation with online programs that offer a Master's Degree with a few additional courses. In order to take the PANCE, currently you must graduate from and an accredited program, and the Master's option just makes one more marketable to obtain employment, but does not necessarily mean you will not find employment without it.

They have a Bachelors program ...AND... a Certificate (non-masters) (basically graduate) program. They have been saying for quite sometime they were going to switch it over to a master's program but it seems like they don't want to go through all of the work. For the certificate program you have to have most of the pre-requisite classes as other Masters programs.

Got in touch with them today, and just got the it's "under review" after I asked if they were still granting interviews...sigh

So I should still back from them right? I'm just confused as to where this puts my application. She didn't say anything specific about my application just that no Masters Program. 

So I should still back from them right? I'm just confused as to where this puts my application. She didn't say anything specific about my application just that no Masters Program. 

Yeah she said with in a couple of weeks... I guess they are very behind. 

There are certain hospitals that won't hire you with out the masters degree I know that for a fact. But a lot still will! 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived