Hey!

So I just accepted a seat at CUNY York College for their PA Program. I am not from down by the city, so I was just looking for some insight. I was super excited to receive an acceptance from this school (Due to how affordable it is) but everyone is telling me not to go there or to think hard about it because the school is located in an unsafe area & the school itself is old/run down. Is this true? Are there any current/former PA students here that attended this college? If so, how bad was the area? What part of queens did you live in? Like I said I am from Upstate New York so I am not familiar with the area . I would like to not have a super long commute if its possible, I also have a car I was considering bringing if it was possible. Anyone who attended this school if they could shed some light on if the area is really that unsafe, where they lived, how they got to school/how long the commute was, etc. 

Thanks in advance!