Alaska

I did hear that they are choosing a small group of applicants from Alaska to interview in Seattle in January. They are in the process of finalizing the list of applicants, and said they would be notifying them very soon. I wish I knew how many they have chosen already. I haven't received a rejection letter so I am still hopeful.

There were only 23 that interviewed on the 6th- the accepted class can range anywhere from 17-24, we were told. There is always hope. And if we do get denial letters we can be hopeful for the next cycle, or the next one, or the next one???? It's taken me 12 years to reach this point, another couple will only strengthen future applications. Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations Kathryn! And good luck Tracy, Mykaela, Rich and those still waiting. Anything could happen - they said the end of the week for a reason!

I have a question. Does anyone have any idea when the summer semester in Seattle takes place?

Eavesdropper from seattle here. I'm a first year at the seattle site this year, and we started in seattle June 30th. So what Tim says usually rings true. It will be around the beginning of July somewhere.

Good luck guys!

I'm still hanging in there but it gets harder as Friday gets closer. I'm stuck almost for classes as they are filling up (I just need the new recommended (Genetics and Biochemistry) and would need PA Riley to put them on my degree plan but don't want to e-mail him yet asking if he can add those).

In the event I have to re apply, do I need an entirely new statement for CASPA and MEDEX as well as the one for re-applicants or just the re-applicant one?

I'm still hanging in there but it gets harder as Friday gets closer. I'm stuck almost for classes as they are filling up (I just need the new recommended (Genetics and Biochemistry) and would need PA Riley to put them on my degree plan but don't want to e-mail him yet asking if he can add those).

In the event I have to re apply, do I need an entirely new statement for CASPA and MEDEX as well as the one for re-applicants or just the re-applicant one?

I looked at my original statements and modified them somewhat for my re-application.  I had a break between application cycles so I had to totally re-do my caspa application.  Luckily I had kept a copy of my previous printed application, as well as a copy of my printed stipend application and medex statement....  You can never keep too much paper!  That way I was able to be consistent in my timelines, change some things and decide if I wanted to remove others and add in a fresh perspective.....

I am finding that distance classes are very limited for me this semester.  I can do the statistics....  Another biology class may be difficult as I already did A&P, Micro...... 

I rewrote all of my narratives (CASPA, supplemental, military, etc.), this is my second time applying. If need be, I'm set to retake statistics (taken in my younger years- C) and to take microbiology that somehow I bypassed- I've taken Cell Bio and Genetics. I still have high hopes and my "good faith" check is ready to be mailed should I be so lucky. It ain't over till it's over. Two more days.

Hey everyone!!! OMG FINALLY! I signed up on here days ago and finally got the stinking validation email to start replying since I don't have a Facebook.

This is Stephanie Guzman, I received the acceptance call Monday Dec 8 at 1:58pm from a Seattle number.

Congrats to those who've made it and BEST of luck to the ones still waiting! I really enjoyed meeting and getting to know everyone on Saturday.

Thank you everyone! I had a great time on Saturday. I left there feeling a bit sad knowing not everyone in the room would get in because everyone was amazing!

Keep your hopes up, don't give up, and try to enjoy this wonderful time of year!

Kathryn, may I have your email address?

Well, I wish everyone the best in all your endeavors! It was awesome interviewing with you all and great meeting you. Congratulations to those who have been accepted- I will aspire to be in your shoes. Those who haven't been accepted keep up the hard work, I hope I am fortunate enough to see you again next year. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone! Until we meet again......

Sincerely,

Joe

Oh sorry about the letter.  You too Joe?  Our mail is slow and stuck.... maybe mine is out there floating somewhere between here and Anchorage.  Sorry to hear this news as I guess I was hoping they would wait until all the interviews were done to send out denials... but I guess we kind of knew anyway....  Now on to Plan B.  Not sure what that is for me yet.

Happy Holidays to one and all.  Try to remember.... it is not OUR plan.... but HIS.  

Tracy

No Tracy, I haven't received a letter yet. I just can't take the anticipation- I have to focus on making sure I'm eligible next year. So for me, that means moving forward with the assumption that the letter is coming. It sure would be a wonderful surprise if things turn out differently. Until then I've got to get my ducks in a row for spring semester 2015.

Joe, I understand where you are coming from.  I am trying to decide myself.  I had said I was not going to play the game of add on 2 more classes, apply again and again like I have done .... it would be 3 times next cycle.....  But I found myself looking up the courses and feeling it out since I love this work and can't imagine doing anything else.  The problem is I want to be closer to town and I can't be a Community Health Practitioner in town....  I will most likely apply again as well, we will see.  But until I get that letter I am still hopeful... kind of.....  I am hating this waiting as well.....

Archived