Alaska

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mykaela,

I know that they provide a minimum of three weeks notice for an interview. I got this from admissions staff when I emailed to follow-up on my application: "All the interview invitations will go out at once, three weeks before the date they are expected to attend." But there's four weeks remaining until December 6, so I'm not certain.

JSadley,

Thanks for the info, isn't sounding good for me :-( but I will keep up hope until I get a denial letter. If I do get a letter, I hope they recommend what I can improve on. I had almost 5,000 hours, all the pre-req's done (except for humanities, but that will be done in a month), overall science of 3.25, non science of 3.53 and overall of 3.40, and even had other PA's review my letters. Fingers crossed though!

Don't give up hope  mykaelastuart, they have the extra one for all locations in January.  You may still hear yet.

JSadley, the Midway Cafe is a great place to meet up.  What does everyone else think? akfiddlegirl and Scoped?  

Thanks! I am, I texted a friend who is currently in this years class and she said to hang in there since she didn't hear until the 13th of November about her interview last year and there was no denial letter in the mail, so the waiting continues!

Mykaelastuart,  Dont give up hope until you see the denial letter.  they do have the last interview to fill the empty slots so try to be patient.....  I know that is easy coming from those of us who are already planning for our interview...  Maybe you should try to meet up with us too and that will at least give you something to look forward to as I think you are in Ak correct?  

Middle Way cafe looks like a great place,  I am looking forward to checking it out!  10-10:30 sounds good to me.  I will know closer to the date what hotel I will be at.  I will likely have my truck and be hanging out in Anchorage for a few days.

I received my email at 1:45 pm Friday afternoon.....  

Tracy

Finally!!! Friday I was notified that I had been selected for UAA MEDEX interviews.  Interviews for MEDEX Class #7 will be held in Anchorage on Saturday, Dec 6th.  I am planning an Interviewee Social for all interested interviewees at Texas Steak House on Dec 2nd.  During this social, previous interviewees like myself, will be able to discuss the basic process and their experiences.  The object is to get to know those you will be sitting with during the interviews.  Is anyone else interested in getting together?

It appears some of us are meeting at the Middle Way Cafe on December 5th. This information can be read above but I may be better suited for an evening meeting do to a new position I'm taking. What Texas Roadhouse? The one on Dimond or the one in Tikhahtnu on Muldoon? Let me know when you have a time to meet.

Finally!!! Friday I was notified that I had been selected for UAA MEDEX interviews.  Interviews for MEDEX Class #7 will be held in Anchorage on Saturday, Dec 6th.  I am planning an Interviewee Social for all interested interviewees at Texas Steak House on Dec 2nd.  During this social, previous interviewees like myself, will be able to discuss the basic process and their experiences.  The object is to get to know those you will be sitting with during the interviews.  Is anyone else interested in getting together?

I'm happy to meet up with everyone wherever.  I'm excited to hear what everyone's experiences were like. What time were you thinking of getting this shindig going?  And, as Scoped asked, which Roadhouse?

I can't come in to town that soon as I am not the sole Practitioner in my village and they will not send an itinerant out to cover so it will be first responders only.

I will know in about 2 weeks if I am coming in on the 3rd or 4th.  Evening or daytime will work for me...Evening is probably better for the working folk as long as we don't get too late... we all need a good night of sleep!   I will just be shopping and mailing and running errands!  :) 

We met last time I interviewed at Cattle Co and it was way too busy at dinnertime and too loud so I suggest a quieter place.  There should be room for 15-20 as more people will show up as time goes on and some had family along as well.  I am flexible- I will let you decide as you know the local options better!

Tracy

@Alaska_PA

That sounds good. Unfortunately for me, I'm not sure if I can make it. I'm going to try. Will you be able to come out on the fifth? Is there anything from your last interview you can share that might help some of us 'first timers'? If I'm not offered a seat this year, I sure hope I'm in your shoes next year.

Kind regards,

Joe

We can schedule anytime, but later in the day allows (generally) for the maximum participation and getting to know everyone.  Last time, when I was a newbie, about 12-14 people showed up.  It was relaxing and informative.  My plan was for Texas Roadhouse at Tikhahtnu, but open to any place or any time.  We could push it out to another day that better suits the greatest number of people.  Let me know.

I received my interview invitation yesterday. Unfortunately, even though I live in Alaska,I will not be able to make the interview date they have set because I will be volunteering out of the country. I called and moved my interview to the January Seattle date. Does anyone have experience interviewing in a different location than where they want to attend? I was a little nervous about changing it but have no option really. 

Also, when I spoke to Stephanie at admissions, she said that when I change my date, they will release another interview seat for someone up here in Alaska...so fingers crossed for whomever that might be! 

I would still love to meet up prior to the interview if possible!

I received my interview invitation yesterday. Unfortunately, even though I live in Alaska,I will not be able to make the interview date they have set because I will be volunteering out of the country. I called and moved my interview to the January Seattle date. Does anyone have experience interviewing in a different location than where they want to attend? I was a little nervous about changing it but have no option really. 

Also, when I spoke to Stephanie at admissions, she said that when I change my date, they will release another interview seat for someone up here in Alaska...so fingers crossed for whomever that might be! 

I would still love to meet up prior to the interview if possible!

Thanks akmedgoals, 

You have given me more hope because my husband called Monday to try and find out if invites go out all at once or staggered(because he is guard and is taking leave, and won't if I don't get an interview) and spoke to someone who wasn't an adviser that said all invites went out at the same time, but seems they didn't since you got one yesterday. Good luck in Seattle!

Good luck in January akmedgoals!  

So, everyone else who will be here on Friday the 5th, it sounds like an evening time would work best - perhaps around 5:30-6?  If so, the MidWay Cafe is closed.  Does anyone have a preference on time or place?

The time sounds fine.  The Texas roadhouse is quieter that cattle company...  It is a bit pricey.  I don't know many other places in ANC.  I am very flexible.

Hopefully mykaelastuart  you will get the Anchorage spot from akmedgoals scheduling in Seattle!

If it's not important to eat and we just and to gather the Starbucks on dimond has a side conference area that can be reserved. Texas road house is also good with me. I have never been there so I don't know how ideal it is for mingling. Does anyone know if they have a separate room for large parties.

Thanks to all those supporting me! I got an email invite this morning. I will be driving down from North Pole with my husband (he knows Anchorage better :-) ) either the night of the 4th or the morning of the 5th. We haven't been to the Texas Roadhouse so that works for us, or any other place. I look forward to meeting everyone. 

If it's not important to eat and we just and to gather the Starbucks on dimond has a side conference area that can be reserved. Texas road house is also good with me. I have never been there so I don't know how ideal it is for mingling. Does anyone know if they have a separate room for large parties.

I'm partial to the coffee house idea because it will be easier to talk and share info and I do not want it to be a late night with food etc.  But I'm happy to meet where everyone else wants to meet.  I'm just excited to meet you guys.  Votes?

Thanks to all those supporting me! I got an email invite this morning. I will be driving down from North Pole with my husband (he knows Anchorage better :-) ) either the night of the 4th or the morning of the 5th. We haven't been to the Texas Roadhouse so that works for us, or any other place. I look forward to meeting everyone. 

mykaelastuart,  it sounds like you got my interview spot!! That worked out perfectly. Congratulations! I can't wait to hear what the interview process is like. I am sure it will be a little different in Seattle, but any information will be helpful. 

Congrats to those invited to interview....looks like five or more of you are on here!

I have not received an invite.   Nor a denial!  Either way I would like to try to join up with you guys to learn about the interviews.  

Count me in...pending missing work approval!

Again congrats.....

And I am still going insane looking at my emails every 2 seconds.  :)

Archived