Alaska

Starbucks could work too.  I have no idea if there is a seperate room at Texas roadhouse or not.  Dinner is of course flexible.

YAY on getting that spot mykaelastuart !!!!! Looking forward to meeting everyone. 

I am not sure how helpful I will be on remembering how the last interview was for me.  I look back and remember very little of the actual content!  :) I wish in hindsight I had gone back to the hotel and made some notes that night.... oh well! 

I think the most helpful part was the meet and greet the eve before so we felt like we were not strangers and were not so alone.  Some classes have even started facebook groups to get to know each other better before the big day.....   

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mykaelastuart,  it sounds like you got my interview spot!! That worked out perfectly. Congratulations! I can't wait to hear what the interview process is like. I am sure it will be a little different in Seattle, but any information will be helpful. 

Yes it did! On a side note, where are you volunteering at? That would be neat to volunteer over seas.

I'm open for the Texas Roadhouse. Does anyone have any opinion on the  Glacier Brew house, my family has only been once and I see they do parties of 12 or up to 32. Also, does anyone have any issues/objections if my husband and 2 girls tag along since they will be driving down with me from Fairbanks and my babysitter (Parents) will be down in Anc for a work holiday party? If so, please let me know and they can go do father-daugther night.

I'm open for the Texas Roadhouse. Does anyone have any opinion on the  Glacier Brew house, my family has only been once and I see they do parties of 12 or up to 32. Also, does anyone have any issues/objections if my husband and 2 girls tag along since they will be driving down with me from Fairbanks and my babysitter (Parents) will be down in Anc for a work holiday party? If so, please let me know and they can go do father-daugther night.

I'm fine with you bringing your family.  The Brewhouse is great, but super loud and downtown parking.  I'm good with the Tikatnu Roadhouse.  

JSadleyAlaska_PA, Scoped,  and akfiddlegirl, (I hope I got everyone)  what do you guys think?   

I'm fine with you bringing your family. The Brewhouse is great, but super loud and downtown parking. I'm good with the Tikatnu Roadhouse. JSadley, Alaska_PA, Scoped, and akfiddlegirl, (I hope I got everyone) what do you guys think?

Family is fine with me! Anyone else bringing theirs?should we make it a family affair? Roadhouse it is:) We're planning for the evening of the fifth, right? Let's set a time and plan for a good time;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Family is great! I second akapp with the brew house concerns. I've not done this meet and greet before for MEDEX so if a dedicated space is really better than Gallos on dimond or arctic blvd both have dedicated spaces for large parties away from the normal restaurant. I still am fine with the Texas road house, I'm guessing it will bring the same issue of cattle company with noise and seating but I've never been there so cannot say forsure. We just need to nail it down. I think we all agree the 5th is a great day.

Date: 5th of December

Time: 6:00pm (tentatively- They're open 4-11pm on Friday's)

Mykaela, akapp, Scoped, akfiddlegirl, Alaska_PA, cold5moke?? What do you guys think? Doesn't seem as though there'll be too many of us; I think I'll bring my wife, Danielle, and our daughter, Olivia.

Cheers,

Joe

Do we have a consencous on when and where for an evening time "meet and greet"?  Tracy mentioned that dinner time places might be to loud; and akapp and Joe mentioned that the timing might not work for them.  I am flexible, but timing is getting short to secure enough room for a larger size group.  

Date: 5th of December

Time: 6:00pm (tentatively- They're open 4-11pm on Friday's)

Mykaela, akapp, Scoped, akfiddlegirl, Alaska_PA, cold5moke?? What do you guys think? Doesn't seem as though there'll be too many of us; I think I'll bring my wife, Danielle, and our daughter, Olivia.

Cheers,

Joe

I am good with this.  Looks like I will be in town on my own.  I think I am staying at Microtel or Hampton Inn.... Still working out details.  Looking forward to meeting everyone!-  Tracy

No reservtions taken there. They do have something called call ahead seating.... Not sure what that is.... OH well I guess we take our chances! :) Maybe the first one there ask for a table for MEDEX for 12? :)

Sounds good, look forward to meeting everyone. Hopefully there will be a good turn out. Doesn't seem like very many Alaska applicants are on the forums- relative to other sites. We shall see :)

Archived