• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats caleb_jo! I'm also still playing the waiting game. Verified application end of July. The email I received said that they didn't hold interviews until November or December so I was surprised to hear about interviews and acceptances before then. Congrats to those of you who have received the good news so far! My fingers are still crossed but I'm getting a bit scared. This is my top choice school.

Congrats caleb_jo! I'm also still playing the waiting game. Verified application end of July. The email I received said that they didn't hold interviews until November or December so I was surprised to hear about interviews and acceptances before then. Congrats to those of you who have received the good news so far! My fingers are still crossed but I'm getting a bit scared. This is my top choice school.

Be sure to check your spam!!!! My interview came in this way! Luckily I caught it... Good luck!

Interviewed today.  Such an impressive faculty and curriculum.  Love the systems-based and team-based learning, facility, and overall philosophy.  Really bummed about the massive amount of (self-paid) travel required second year (as a parent).  (So many programs support commutable rotation locations.  If only Oregon had one.  Sigh...  They look at their rotation sites as a glass half-full, but ultimately everyone seemed to admit they simply can't find enough quality local sites for everyone.  Why is it so many east coast schools can manage this, yet west coast seem not to be able to?)  For those about to interview, note, the day is amazingly well-organized and runs like butter.  Such a pleasure to visit.  The only shocker for me was that--despite being on campus from 7:30am until about 1:30pm--you only interview one time (with two people simultaneously) for 25 minutes!  Leah explains that once you've made the interview, the "slate" is cleared, and the only thing that's considered from there forth is the interview performance.  25 minutes!  The whole rest of the day is very low key, and my actual interviewers were wonderfully comfortable and conversational.  But 25 minutes!  Some people fly in for that performance.  Well, at least it's worth the flight to see the sim lab and meet the faculty.  All-in-all an excellent experience and an excellent didactic program.  If only they could sustain more quality local rotations...  Definitely at least visit, if invited, and good luck to all! 

Don't feel bad about getting rejected. I'm sure you are a superior person and student. It's not the end of the world. You will be accepted to the program that is best suited for you. You are going to become a fantastic PA!!! Shake it off and keep pursuing your dreams my dear. Wishing you the best in ur pursuit.

It's such a weird process. A "numbers game" they say. You never know who is going to take a liking or disliking to little things you say in your interview. To be judged in 25 minutes, among so many incredible candidates... It's insane, really. Good luck to you, and go get in somewhere!

No.  Even if they've filled all the slots, there will be some people who decide to cancel their interview up until the last minute.  Pacific will try to fill all the slots they can to ensure a full interview schedule.  (I know this because I was offered an interview one week before the Nov date.)

Archived