Can I get a BS in Nursing and still be able to go into PA school? Is BSN a good degree to get for PA?

The only issue foreseeable with BSN is the classes missed as prerequisites for PA school.. have to be exceedingly dedicated and maybe a bit lucky to fit all those as electives into the nursing curriculum degree

It's really not that tough. I did it. You just have to take a couple higher levels chemistries instead of taking the healthcare ones, plus one extra bio, and you can apply to plenty of schools. I could have even done more, like take organic and physics, because I ran out of courses in the 2 years before nursing school. Instead I chose to coast and take some blow off courses. As a bonus you get to take A&P 1&2, micro, patho, pharm, and assessment classes inside the curriculum.

• 3 weeks later...

The models of education are different. I think if you have your heart set on PA, then make steps to fulfill requirements. Work on a degree that will give you a high GPA while fulfiling requirements. It will increase your chances of admissions into a program. So far from what I understand from the admissiosn requirement a lot of people need a high cGPA, sGPA, GRE, and quality HCE. After coming out of an RN program, most of the people who I worked with just wanted to be trained and dedicated to fulfililng their roles as a nurse. The average percentage to get a C- is 78% from my old school.

Unless you really, really love care, then pursue nursing. But if you have your heart set on medicine, then choose a major that will give you a high GPA for admissions.

Archived