2015-2016 Cycle

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I asked during the interview. I'm sure you can email admissions and ask too. I am on standby with others as well because there are no seats left. Even though interview went well and committee approved me there are no open seats at the moment so I went to the standby list which is different from the waiting list.

I interviewed on Dec 9th. During the opening lecture by Director Vause, he quickly let us know that Salus' accreditation had change due to some technicalities in administrative paperwork. He was very candid about it. He also mentioned that they (admin) were rectifying the issue promptly. The new status will not affect any student nor their opportunity to sit for the PANCE. Some of the current students weighed in on the issue: all were surprised by the development but the faculty showed them what the issue was ( some paperwork discrepancies). The student felt reassured after seeing what and how it happened...so we should too. I do.  Hope this helped.

• 4 weeks later...

Standby, from how I understood it, is a different pool of applicants who have been interviewed. Once the class of 50 is full then you get put on standby, waitlist, or eventually denied. Thereafter, when those who have secured there seats in the class of 50 then withdrawal or turndown their seat, those who are on standby get considered first...then wait list..I'm not 100% sure that this is how the process goes but pretty sure its along those lines. Maybe someone else can chime in that may know. I wish you luck!

Archived