2015-2016 Cycle

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am on the waiting list too mnwal001 and was confused about "standby" so I emailed them! Basically, what they told me is that "standby" list are applicants that the admissions committee has made their final decision and found them acceptable but don't have a seat to offer as of now. The waiting list are for the applicants that are found to be competitive but no final decision has been made yet.

Hope that clears things up! Here is the email from them!

Hello Adam,
I’m sorry if you are confused.  Your letter actually explains your current waitlist status.  While the Committee found you to be a competitive applicant, they have not yet rendered a final admissions decision.
A final decision will be rendered no later than February 15th.

Yes, we do have a group of students that have been placed on ‘standby’.  The difference is that these students actually received a final decision from the Admissions Committee.  They have been found acceptable, however, there are no slots currently open to accommodate them.

I appreciate your email regarding the process; please let me know if this helps and if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Mr. Walsh

Lawrence F. Walsh, Jr., M.A.
Associate Director of Admissions
Salus University
Office of Admissions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any feedback on this email I got a couple days ago? ....I just don't get why they haven't rejected me yet or if I'm that "competitive" why I haven't had an interview 

Greetings from Salus University and thank you for your interest in our Physician's Assistant Program.  We are writing to provide you with an update to your application.

Shortly after you applied through CASPA, a preliminary review of your file was conducted by the Admissions Office.   Based on your credentials, it was determined that you were a strong enough candidate to be considered for further review in a very competitive process.   However, you have not yet been selected to interview for the incoming class of 2015.

Your file is still considered "active" as the program is still interviewing candidates.  

While our class is just about full, we'll continue to review and place a select few qualified candidates on a standby list should any seats become available.  The interview process will continue until early spring so there is still a possibility that you may be contacted at anytime.

If your status does not change by early spring, we would encourage you to consider reapplying for the next PA admission cycle which begins on April 22, 2015

Does anyone have any feedback on this email I got a couple days ago? ....I just don't get why they haven't rejected me yet or if I'm that "competitive" why I haven't had an interview 

Archived