Approximate time from applying to interview

A lot of people are asking me when my interviews will be. I've been telling them I don't know, but probably in early fall. I submitted my application in the middle of May. When will the schools, based on applying in mid-May, begin contacting applicants for interviews? What is the amount of time between when the applicant gets contacted for an interview and the interview itself?

Depends on where you applied and when the schools start and hold their interviews.  I submitted to Caspa on May 24, 2012 and got a interview to UMDNJ during the last week of July 1 week before the interview, Drexel sent me an invite on Aug 1(my birthday day) to interview on Aug 24, MCPHS in Boston sent me an invite at the end of Aug to interview in Oct, and Western University in California sent me an invite in Nov/Dec to interview in Jan.  Note that Western start their interviews in Jan.  I got accepted to Drexel in Philly 4 days after the interview.  The rest is history and I am happy on my choice.  Staff is awesome.   The only bad thing is that the building is old. It gets really hot or really cold in the lecture room.  That's the only thing.

Interviews tend to be synchronized with when the program's school year starts. The schools I know of tend to batch their interviews over a weekend or two and you may get a choice of weekends, or which day on the weekend you would like to come. When I was applying, the interviews tended to be 4-6 months or so ahead of the start of school, with the close of admissions a few months before that.  

I'm sure there are variations. If you really want to know, contact the school and ask. In some cases, it may already be on their websites.

Archived