Hey guys, I am a second time applicant and I am looking for some insight on my current application. I will link my stats below. I applied to 18 schools this cycle and am just feeling a bit discouraged, what do you think my chances are of getting in? 

Overall GPA: 3.46

Science GPA: 3.36

Non-science: 3.62

The only reason this is a little lower is I had two semesters where I failed a few classes in my freshman year of college. After freshman year I was almost a straight A student, but that one year really brought me down. 

Healthcare hours: 1440 hours

This was working in the lab preforming pediatric autopsy an as a histotechnologist. 

Patient care hours: 10,750 hours

As a medical assistant and a CNA

Undergrad research 320 hours

Cancer cell research at my school. 

Leadership: 160 hours

Shadowing: 350 hours

Shadowing in Urgent care, orthopedic surgery, internal medicine and pediatrics

I received a few scholarships, and other grants for research and my academics but nothing exceeding 10k. I have received one denial so far and no other interview invites. I know it's early in the cycle I am just anxious! I had my personal statement toned in really well I think after working on it for a few months. Two strong letters of recommendation (one from a doctor I worked closely with, another from my supervisor) and then the one from my professor I didn't get to read. I put in my application that I have retaken anatomy and physiology 1 and 2 in the last year, continued to shadow, and accumulated an additional 1800 patient care hours. What do you all think? Is this year a better chance for me? 

Edited by livjayy

• 3 weeks later...

You have a strong chances of getting in. Since you have accumulated lot of PCE hours and shadowing as well. Maybe some part of your application is not clicking, but in my opinion you have a strong chances of getting in. Do not only apply to top tie schools.