Just thought you should see this.

The main point: we as a profession need to respect our colleagues. We do ourselves no benefit if we discourage them. I think we can all agree that without RNs, most places would not function at all. Anybody who says otherwise probably does have a self-esteem issue or has absolutely zero health care experience.

What's worse, now that nursing student will have a low regard for PAs FOREVER and will spread the word to her docs and nursing colleagues at every chance she gets. One poor decision on a PA's part leads to many many poor outcomes for the rest of the profession. Stupid.

I think that was not a PA but just a medical assistant but the people got confused...

seriously - we have crappy PA's and stupid PA's all the same as everywhere else.

Just spent some time on a phone with an ER PA who had d/c a pt that was febrile, tachy, DOE, and an RA patient with out ever even considering PE and that is what I sent her to the ER for. She was a new grad and initially I was pretty upset but I asked to speak to her on the phone and made a teaching moment out of it - explained the MUST not miss Dx's in the ER and that if you ever get someone sent to the ER who is hypercoag, tachy, tachepnic and DOE you gotta do more then give a zpak

Just heard back through another patient that this PA's actually said he knows me and likes me..... I sort of ripped into him (trying to making it a teaching momemt) but they had really dropped the ball and done bad medicine - however in trying to teach they learned and were not pissed - we gotta police our own....

Wow. Just wow. Can't believe some of the people on there are so bent on trying to prove how their title/job is superior to another. Really? Everyone has to work together as a team to take care of patients, as far as I know. Every single person that works in a hospital is important and there is no 1 person better than another. It's absolutely wrong to make one field inferior to another. And everyone had to work hard to get to where they are. There is no need to condescend someone and say "Oh, well I got more years of training than you. Plus, I have a better degree. Plus, I can work on my own." >.<

I agree that what the first PA said was rude, but that is no reason to overgeneralize that to every single PA. Are you that insecure about yourself that you have to make another person feel low? :/

Funny, because at my job I have heard nothing but support from my RNs when I tell them I am pre-PA. I think the internet brings the worst out of people.

It's called the Greater Internet ****wad Theory. Seriously, we need to stop taking anything said on online forums at face value. Worry about how we presents ourselves with the people we work with in real life, who know which car you drive and possibly where you live... LOL.

Archived