AAPA Election-It's Your Organization!

The AAPA elections start on Tuesday, and there's a lot a stake. I'm running for the mighty Secretary-Treasurer slot, and I hope you'll take a good look at my platform and consider placing an X next to my name. Join me and many other AAPA members in our effort to keep the AAPA moving in the right direction. 

My experience with participating in the management of multi-million dollar budgets and in institutional/professional/organizational leadership and administration make me well suited to take this on. But the position includes much more than just its financial tracking aspects. In addition to these foundational duties, the secretary-treasurer also needs to have a broad set of leadership skills, of the ability to reach out and listen to members, and to have a commitment to providing members the information and tools they need to play a meaningful role in the running of the academy. 

Over the last few years, the AAPA board has stepped away from its traditional partnership with the House of Delegates, leading to an effort by the HOD to right this course, and get the BOD-HOD partnership back on track. I have attempted to contribute to this effort in a positive way. 

Current AAPA leadership also has moved away from the transparency of past years, making it sometimes challenging for members to see detailed information about our financial course and trajectory. I would continue the past tradition of having the secretary-treasurer present a detailed financial update to HOD and other members, and leave no stones unturned in providing HOD and membership the maximum amount of financial information possible. After all, it’s your money, and your organization.

Please take a look at my "e-card" which is attached, and also at my complete platform and CV at http://www.aapa.org/about_aapa/leaders/resources/item.aspx?id=7390

Archived