Most useful apps during clinicals?

Hey fellow students and PAs.

I seem to recall that a similar thread was floating around, but my search "spell" does not seem to find it.

Question is, which apps did you find the most valuable during your rotations, as well as in your practice? If you can, please specify whether you use apple or android.

Thank you!

I downloaded PEPID, but it requires a username and password, but no option in the app. Is registration online?

I get it free through my school and had to go through some backdoor registration link but you can just check out their website if your school doesn't have a license.

And AgileMD is amazing! Thank you so much wutthechris!

Np!  Enjoy.

Epocrates, medscape, and uptodate. These are the three apps I use. As a student you more than likely have access to uptodate free you just need to investigate. You can also get epocrates free as well if your a student. And medscape is always free. These are top notch apps...and free is always good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Epocrates, medscape, and uptodate. These are the three apps I use. As a student you more than likely have access to uptodate free you just need to investigate. You can also get epocrates free as well if your a student. And medscape is always free. These are top notch apps...and free is always good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can you get epocrates and uptodate free as a student?  I contacted epocrates and they said they can only give me a 10% discount as a student.

Cool. Updated all of them and added 1 app. Thanks wutthechris and swooshie1.

PHONE APPS:

Epocrates - Free drug content, $159.99 disease content

Medscape by WebMD - Free

UpToDate - Free

AgileMD - Free

Micromedex - $2.99 annual subscription

Diagnosaurus (McGraw-Hill) -$1.99

PANCE Flashcards - Lange - Free, Expansion Pack - $34.99

Physician Assistant LANGE Q&A - Free download, $49.99 for access

• Android

• Contains 1,211 questions from PAEasy.com

Physician Assistant Exam Review McGraw-Hill - $49.99

PEPID - Free

Physical Exam Essentials (HippoSoft) - $2.99

iTriage - Free

Exam Master PANCE - $19.99

Exam Master PANRE - $19.99

ErRes - $4.99

EMRA Antibiotic Guide - $15.99

Prognosis Your Diagnosis - Free

Physician Assistant Exam Review Podcast by Brian Wallace - Free

Extra plug for ErRes for when you do your ER rotation.  It's a solid app with excellent evidence-based guidelines and resources.  It was also done by a good friend of mine whom I did residency with in Philly- he's now a wilderness medicine fellow, but he did the app as his scholarly project during residency.   I promise I make no money and/or beers for this plug- I just know it's solid

Archived