Accredited/Licensed HCE

OK OK one more HCE question ...

Does anyone know if Physician Assistant schools care if your HCE is accredited and/or licensed? The reason I ask is because I found a very cheap (a private company/school) place to get HCE. I am just worried once I finish the CNA program will I be able to find a job because it is not through a community college or a well known place. Do you think PA schools frown upon this?

HCE is experience (a job), not training; CASPA has individual sections for each.  In my limited experience, PA schools care more about what you did as part of your experience (job) and less about where your training came from.  Of what I know, facilities hiring CNAs don't care where you were trained, only if you are certified (through the state in Illinois, may be different elsewhere).

Edit for emphasis.

my emt-b was through a high school regional occupational program

my emt-d (defib) was a 1 day course at a firestation

my medical asst. cert. was drawing blood 10 times and giving 10 IM injections on the job as an er tech. this was all you needed in CA in the 80s. it took 1 week. the er director sent a note to the state and I got an MA certificate.

my emt-p was at a stand alone private paramedic school not affiliated with a college

no one cares about the training, they care about what you do with it.

Archived