• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess I will be the first to confirm that they started calling applicants for interviews. I received a phone call this morning however, i kindly declined because i was selected to my number 1 school of choice. Hopfully this will ease some of the anxiety shared by you all, GOOD LUCK!!!!

Hey all, I called this afternoon, and a lady told me that Sophie admissions are very behind this year because it was the year for accreditation which took priority over applications for the next cycle. They started calls inviting some people for interviews this week, but still haven't even gone through most applications yet (so frustrating!!) I also asked when the start date of the program will be, and she told me she is not sure because of the new director..she may or may not have orientation this year. So either we start beginning of July..or end of August/beginning of September! Big difference.. So pretty much no direct answers!! We must wait and wait! Good luck to everyone, I know I check my email like 20 times a day and have my phone on LOUD. This forum really makes me feel at ease. Its nice to know I am not alone on this :)

Nic1016 thank you for sharing this!!!!!! That's a load of helpful information that both eases me and makes me hopeful for this upcoming year. I will say if orientation does get pushed back a little or does not happen at all....well that's a chunk of summer we have to ourselves to prepare for school and to have a bit of time to relax! Although....I am hoping we don't miss out on any crucial prep information by lack of orientation...whatever the school decides however I am sure it will be in our best interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all, I called this afternoon, and a lady told me that Sophie admissions are very behind this year because it was the year for accreditation which took priority over applications for the next cycle. They started calls inviting some people for interviews this week, but still haven't even gone through most applications yet (so frustrating!!) I also asked when the start date of the program will be, and she told me she is not sure because of the new director..she may or may not have orientation this year. So either we start beginning of July..or end of August/beginning of September! Big difference.. So pretty much no direct answers!! We must wait and wait! Good luck to everyone, I know I check my email like 20 times a day and have my phone on LOUD. This forum really makes me feel at ease. Its nice to know I am not alone on this :)

Thanks for taking the initiative to call them.  This is very helpful Good luck to you and all of us.  Stay positive!!!

Hi guys how are you, I have recently applied into the sophie davis Pa program with a gpa of 3.4 and all the required classes , personal statement and reference letters. Everything was sent out by the necessary time however i received this today 

Dear Applicant, 

We have received and reviewed your application for admission to the City College/ 

Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education Physician Assistant Program at Harlem Hospital 

Center for the fall of 2014. While many of our applicants are qualified, competition for a place 

in the Program is extremely strong. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you admission to the 

Program. 

Upon calling sophie davis and asking why I was rejected the assistant dean stated that the UPAC never sent in my transcript??? Which is weird because i paid and had it sent over to the campus, i cannot find a number to contact the upac and am very upset about this since I am now thrown back another year for a mistake that is not mine. IS there anything that i can do?

Archived