• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There seems to be a lot of confusion right now, maybe we all need to take it easy (but still take it), cause the mail sent out is either a fraud or a mistake. The person that signed the mail is not even in the admissions dept. website says he is a lecturer. Also, Hadassah said they told her to ignore it.

Not sure what is happening, so best to chill and not let it stress me out, lol

Well I just called the PA program and explained the situation about the email. I asked her if that would affect our application into the program and she told me that THEY have the final word and another email will eventually be sent out.

Also, I called the main school line about a month ago to confirm the admissions director that was shown on the school's website and was told the website is outdated...

Let's hold on to hope!!!

Hi Guys hope you keep pressing on to prepare.  Please take the time out to look at the video MiJo posted in regards to past graduates of the program just this year, in fact. I can surely say for me I felt like I was there and I look forward to being there.  So stay prayed up and have a great week!

Hi folks. I am please that a lot of you like the video. It's pretty motivating, huh? Haha, sure to get the juice running on this final stretch).

11 days to go ppl, keep pushing.

I was thinking, how about if we ask a few relevant PA related questions on the forum, and everyone submit the answer to the best of your capability. You should not google the answer otherwise it is not yours. If you guys are interested, let me know. If some of you are, we can just form an email group for those interested instead of filling up ppl's inbox with unwanted mails.

E.g Where was the first PA program started?

This question is easy, so if you don't know it, you have a lot of work to do in these 11 days. But 11 days are looonggggggggggggg, as we well know.

Hello everyone!

I too have applied for the PA Program at CCNY this year. Some of your stats are pretty impressive. I graduated with my bachelor's from another CUNY school last year and hope to continue on in the CUNY system. This really is a fantastic program. I want to say thanks for all the insightful information in this thread, as well as is in the Cycle 2013 thread. I appreciate it. I've been thinking about the interview for a while, but I'll be doing some real research now in the event I do land an interview.

Best of luck to everyone!

Edit: Great video! That must have been a tremendous day for everyone there.

Did anyone get an email from the Director of Admissions and scholarships, Joseph Fantozzi?  It was reminder letter saying they recieved my app and that I should remember to send in the Supplemental Application for the Physician Assistant (PA) Program at www.ccny.cuny.edu/admissions.  I am not sure if this is just a courtesy email or if they are trying to tell me that something is missing.  When I submitted my app I called to make sure they got everything I was even notified that I was missing something and I fixed it way back in september.  I also sent in my UAPC application and called to verefied that this was recieved.  There isn't any other application other than these two right?  Please someone tell me I'm just being paranoid...

I've had trouble getting through to to SDSBE last week. I was trying to find out the name of the current director of the program since someone mentioned the website is out dated....does anyone know the name? I'm gonna call again Monday and hopefully get to speak to someone before the 15th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Hadassah I was just reading through the past comments on this thread I see I wasn't the only one who got that email.  Wow I just realized the 15th is next week and Im trying not to freak out. 

SamalamXO I think off the top of my head the AAPA was started in the mid 70's a few years after the first class graduated but I'm probably wrong because I remember reading that there were several thousand PA's already when the AAPA was formed. So I think the 80's.

Good luck everyone, hope to see you on the other side, @Saldanamoreno, If I get the rejections letter my goal is not be discouraged. Remind myself this is a career and one more year of waiting will not effect my life all that much. Take an extra course or two this summer and continue to accrue hours. Find new letters of recommendation and get back to work on my essay. Step by step process once again. 

Archived