NCCPA Audit Process

This situation should not be earth shattering because we all know it but we have not all experienced it. I have logged credits with the NCCPA for many decades and have become very sloppy about my record keeping. When speaking at conferences, I usually get to sit in on lectures free therefore I take this opportunity to remain up to date. I get a CME certificate for the lectures I sit through but I am not on the Attendee List.

Last month I received an official letter from the NCCPA saying that I am not being isolated for any reason but I am being edited for 2010-2012. I was a bit concerned as I knew I did not properly file all my CME credits in a folder so I began a two week search for my category one credits. I managed to find them but sent in some that were from courses such as the DOD, Yale, invitations we all received in the e-mails as well as my AFPPA certificates and my AASPA certificate. I sent them in and passed the audit but realize what happened to me , can also happen to you. don’t take it lightly, place your CME in a folder for every two year cycle and follow the Boy Scout motto; BE Prepared.

I went through it a few years ago, fortunately I had one big conference and a lot of prescribers letter CME. I additionally had some other online CME. It did make me scurry around for certificates however. The ramifications of failing and hot. It is pretty severe and reinforced that I will always do online CME, so I can keep certificates.

• 2 weeks later...

Since we are paying the NCCPA to track CME that we log on their site, I wish there was a way to upload scanned documents directly onto the site under your specific profile. I just got the "You were randomly selected" letter and of course, I'm scrambling to find some forms. I'm confident it will all come together nicely, but the penalties are pretty harsh should it not. I've had to send several emails, which have yet to be answered, concering BLS/ACLS certs. I finished both courses and claimed 10 hours, which is allowable, but one of the services that provided the education is no longer in business. There is no certificate to be issued so I'm trying to find out if a card will adequate to prove that I took place in that activity

When I was audited, they accepted a faxed copy of the cards for BCLS and ACLS. I did not need to send the original certificate of attendance. Good luck - my audit came when I was up for re-cert and I was also studying for boards. Yep, free online CME is the way to go because of the ease of certificates to print and then reprint if necessary.

• Administrator
When I was audited, they accepted a faxed copy of the cards for BCLS and ACLS. I did not need to send the original certificate of attendance. Good luck - my audit came when I was up for re-cert and I was also studying for boards. Yep, free online CME is the way to go because of the ease of certificates to print and then reprint if necessary.

I don't know about that--with the difficulty of the NCCPA website, there is significant overhead and very repetitive work to upload multiple similar events. I don't mess with anything less than an hour, just because the NCCPA website seems to have been intentionally designed to discourage such repetitive CME logging.

Update, I called and actually got a hold of somebody at the NCCPA. They will absolutely accept copies of BLS/PALS/ACLS cards for the maximum amount of CME units that they have listed on their site. Bonus!

Bonus? really? logging cmes is a pain in the a--. whats the requirement for md and np cme? oh yeah i forgot, we are held to a higher standard

Archived